'80s road bike wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burton

Regular
Getting into road cycling, and I've realised a single speed just isn't going to cut it for me.
Looking for a decent, fairly light '80s bike in the region of £100, preferably 56cm/22"/23" (or whatever would fit someone just under 6').
Ideally I'd want one of those black and fluro green Raleigh Pro Race 501s or a Team Banana, but I also quite like mid-80s Peugeots. I'm fairly picky but I have an open mind and I'll consider anything I like the look of.

What've you got? :smile:

edit: been informed of Raleigh frame sizes - 21" or possibly 23.5" with a low seat would do.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member

Cycleops

Legendary Member
+1 for the above, he's always got a few on the go. You might get a rough example for your budget so you will need to double it to get a nice example. The team Banana bikes seem particularly sought after, you might have more luck with a pug but be sure to get one with alloy wheels.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just a point, maybe just explain what tubs are.
fair comment

simply put tubs are thin skinned tyres with the inner tubes sewn in place , ok pain in the when and if the p fairy visits but ride feel and quality are superior to clinchers , just need to keep pressures up

OP
OP
Burton

Burton

Regular
Yep, I thought the same thing - see pic of cassette/derailleur!! Will be giving it a good clean this weekend.
I'm off to collect it tomorrow morning!

Top Bottom