9 out of 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Not cats who prefer Whiskas, but number of fellow cyclists asking if I needed help on the FRB this morning when I my back tyre came off 2nd best against a staple.

Just one of the reasons I love cycling.:becool::thumbsup::angry::thumbsup::B):thumbsup:

(The one who didn't stop looked like he needed every last bit of his energy to get over the bridge anyway so fair enough!)

Maybe cyclists are just lovely people, or maybe tete, you are in fact a gorgeous 6 ft blond woman who belongs in the cafe lycra thread.

Here love, let me give you a hand.......:becool:

gbb

Legendary Member
it's nice to see Tete..

Mine recent one was wife punctured while we were on a leisure ride in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, i was all 'tooled' up. Repairing the tyre when along came a couple on MTBs.
'Need any help ?'

They didnt actually look like they had any kit on them...but he asked all the same.
They were just ordinary folk on a leisure ride too. Funny isnt it...if i were punctured in my car....would anyone stop ?

Tynan

Veteran
always easiest to offer to someone that clearly needs no help, doubly so when you can't actually help

I've fixed a couple lately, always in bloody Walthamstow and no-one offered to help

barring one drunk east european that needed help standing up

a great big black bloke had a huge piss about a foot away from me, which was charming, and a load of asian chaps gassing on the corner behind me, frankly I thought they were waiting for me to finish before they robbed me but I think they were mostly watching on in admiration

I like to think that I was radiating self assurance and competence

the last one was on Friday last, I'd left work a bit late, the wife was going out, I had to be back before 7.30, caught the flat at 6.45 with about ten minutes riding left, I rang her to say I was detained but was working to fix it

noise of annoyance followed by 'you know I'm going out tonight'

like I'd done it on purpose

I think I assured her that I'd fix it extra fast

tsk

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

magnatom said:
Maybe cyclists are just lovely people, or maybe tete, you are in fact a gorgeous 6 ft blond woman who belongs in the cafe lycra thread.

Here love, let me give you a hand.......:angry:

ha yes well I did have my wonderbra on.:becool:

Maz

Guru
It's great when that happens (people stopping, not punctures). Did you need the help, or were you prepared for such an eventuality?

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

I was equipped but the ultragators nearly did for my plastic tyre levers. And anyone happening to cycle past with a trackpump would've been ambushed!

Wolf04

gbb said:
recent one was wife punctured while we were on a leisure ride

Is your wife one of the inflatable types then? :becool::biggrin:

.......I'll just get my coat

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Just helped some geezer push his car to the side of the road. No-one else offered to help him, even though he was looking well flustered and unhappy.

Tynan

Veteran
Tetedelacourse said:
I was equipped but the ultragators nearly did for my plastic tyre levers. And anyone happening to cycle past with a trackpump would've been ambushed!

ultra gators again?

I've had it with mine after all of four weeks, too many flats and well dodgy in the wet, I had a couple of nasty back wheel incidents when cornering, as many others have said, the final straw was seeing how many slits were in otherwise new tyres

Still got one on the front but only because I only had time to change the rear at the weekend (don't ask)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I stopped to offer help to a cyclist on the side of the road with his bike upside down... he turned me down,which rather pleased me as I wasn't certain what help I would be if it was anything complicated (I could of told him where the nearest bike shop was, and I did have one of those mini tool kits on me.)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I was doing the Tour de Manchester last year (who named that???) with a few people from work and also my Sister.

They were all pootling along very slowly when we happened across a chap who had a puncture about 2 miles in... I offered to help and stopped with a colleague, we told the rest to carry on.

We didn't manage to sort him out fully (no spare tube and massive slash in his existing one which couldn't be fixed) so we left him and sent a Marshall back to sort him out with a tube).

The best thing was that as we'd spent quite a while with him we (myself and my colleague) got to do a decent pace for a while to catch the rest of the group up before the end of the 12 miles. :biggrin:

cannondale boy

Über Member
ultra gators :biggrin:...had them, hated them, the worst tyres for punctures in the world!

EDIT: You either hate them or love them...i had one puncture every week when i got them...then it was like 2-3 a week after having the tyres on for a couple of months. The slightest piece of debris thats left on the road, and your snookered! I had hutchisons before, and had no problems with them what so ever. I have conti's right now, and have never let me down quite literally.

Top Bottom