90's Raleigh Equipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just used this for todays commute to work and will use for rest of day doing a total of 7 miles which will take its mileage from new to 11 miles YES 11 MILES FROM NEW IN 1990 !

as you can imagine its in very clean condition just needing some polish to finish it off along with removing the dust , will post pics later ..

equipe.JPG

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well after using it all 4 ways i can say it rides very nice and towards the end the brakes even started to work !

just need a wipe down to remove the dirt and dust

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I guess there is nothing else you can really do with it. If you change it and upgrade it that would be a shame, just nice to keep it original condition. That's make take anyway.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I happened across this Equipe today, will be doing some light fettling and some general tidying up, looks all original, bit big for me, I'm a 5 ft 7 and a halfer, but might suit the tallerish rider. 5ft10 and up

p1999787023-4.jpg

its strange how it seams that back in the day it was either small sized frames or large size only and mostly large

nice clean example either way

mikeymustard

Veteran
It's nice to see folks being kind to the - how can I put this delicately - lower order bikes. They should be valued too. And they're more likely to be the bikes we rode as youngsters; not everyone could afford top of the range, when I was a teen in the 70s we thought my friend's Claud Butler was the last word in bikes

Top Bottom