97% Owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
How the banking system works, watched it the other night on Netflix, its eye opening, assuming its factual and not biased, its enough to make you angry, very angry.
It kinda confirms many of my suspicions over the last 20, 30 years that just about every ail thats effected society from loss of services, very high house prices, inflation, the reason most families now HAVE to have both partners working to survive half decently etc etc...is due to the banking sectors practices and its repercussions, often hand in hand with governments.
A very good watch

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just found it on YouTube, for those who don't have access to Netflix...

Jameshow

Veteran
I think it's as much the "service industry" country we have become dividing a very narrow of range of jobs such as customer service, retail, caring, teaching, creative skills get rewarded etc whilst those with practical skills get largely ignored compared to other developed countries.

Added to this low wages are encouraged by a b in work benefits system which encourages employers to pay less.

Finally years of recruiting from Europe and Asia has deskilled many if the native workforce.

Just my opinions

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I think it's as much the "service industry" country we have become dividing a very narrow of range of jobs such as customer service, retail, caring, teaching, creative skills get rewarded etc whilst those with practical skills get largely ignored compared to other developed countries.

Added to this low wages are encouraged by a b in work benefits system which encourages employers to pay less.

Finally years of recruiting from Europe and Asia has deskilled many if the native workforce.

Just my opinions
Not my experience per-se…..

Skilled, time served Tradespeople are commanding serious money right now. Especially in Engineering. I’ve been employing for the last few months. And the rates people want, or won’t work for / laugh at me for offering is quite breath-taking. I personally think this current bubble / trend will burst as it’s not sustainable. But right now in my game it’s an employee’s not employers market…..

Jameshow

Veteran
Not my experience per-se…..

Skilled, time served Tradespeople are commanding serious money right now. Especially in Engineering. I’ve been employing for the last few months. And the rates people want, or won’t work for / laugh at me for offering is quite breath-taking. I personally think this current bubble / trend will burst as it’s not sustainable. But right now in my game it’s an employee’s not employers market…..

Agreed but why is that??

Because trades have been neglected for the past 30 years since John Majors 50% into high education policy decimated further education and apprenticeships, it will take 30 years to recover.

Domestic trades will be ok, but general engineering is dying on its feet look a the down turn on automotive industry, British volt, British steel etc. We cannot build power stations without the help of the French or Chinese. Ferries and cruise ships are made by France or Italy. Our manufacturing output is a 1/4 of Germany!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom