A 2nd bike already.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KevinG

Have been using the hybrid faithfully for the past 5 months or so and have really enjoyed it. Felt like I was ready for the next step and with some possible charity rides looming and after reading a few reviews, I took advantage of a current deal at Halfords and picked up a 'medium' 08 Carrera Virtuoso for a great price. :biggrin:

I have to say, despite my initial reservations, Halfords did me proud and seem to have set it up fine. I ordered it last night and it was ready this afternoon. My first impressions are of a much quicker machine, responsive and fast. OK, so I'm new to road bikes and this could no doubt be bettered but I can't wait to get out for a proper spin. :biggrin:

Only real gripe is that the pedals will probably want changing as early as possible as they are not that great. :wacko:

I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's experiences with this bike.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've no experience of this bike whatsoever but have just looked it up and it looks like a good bike for the dosh - nice one, hope you enjoy putting some miles on it.

OP
OP
K

KevinG

Ok went out for an hour today. Its been a while since a rode a bike with drops. Felt like I was going to fall off forwards when going downhill! And my hands really ached, maybe I was hanging on too tightly - gel gloves are a must right?

Also, when on the small chainring, and larger cogs on the cassette, some noise from the gears, sounded like rubbing/crunching like not in gear properly, difficult to see if chain making contact with derailleur. I suspect fine adjustment needed. A job for the LBS or is something you guys recommend I could undertake?

shippers

Kevin- that's likely to be the chain grinding slightly on the front derailleur. You could try pushing the lever a little further, which might free it up. I'd probably bob it back to Halfords- they do a 6 week check on their bikes so it kind of makes sense if thay have a look. There's time to meet the LBS later.

Top Bottom