A big hello from kent :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
Hi, :smile:
I'v always owned bikes but since getting my drivers licence in 1999 i only occasionly used it,
In 2007 when my first two children were 2 and 3 i got a kiddy trailer and started going on days out along the kent coast.

Im now an aved user of my bike and will happly use the bike to pop in to town
(about 2 miles away, kids an all) and have been known to do a weekly shop using the bike and trailer.

The kids, now 7 and 6 ride their own bikes, we also have a 18 month old who now uses the trailer,
or the carry seat when we go to asda, so he doesent squashed by shopping.

Last year i started a new job which is close enough to cycle everyday so much so i have sold my car, the wifes still got the family car mine was just a toy to be honest.

Next year im hoping to do the London to Brightion with a few colleagues from work which could be fun.

I'm currently building a recumbent trike made from some old bikes, if this turns out well then i will post a thread of my progress, if any ones intrested,

Bye for now, Rhys

musa

Über Member
Quality. Nice one. Always nice to read a story on CC

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
:welcome: XRHYSX and what a lovely lifestyle your family have chosen and long may it continue!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Welcome and well done. Look forward to seeing that trike in progress (and alongside, one day.) Was down your way on Saturday morning. And yesterday, for that matter.

OP
OP
X

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome peeps,

Hope to get cracking with the trike soon,
Ive sorced most of the parts just need to start welding and working out how im gonna get it all to work lol.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi from Dartford and Rochester, look forward to seeing the project I am doing the London to Brighton for the second time this year, we hope to see you out and about

Top Bottom