A big 'hello!' from Watford!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arualsti

Hi everyone!

I've not actually started cycling yet, but I am looking to buy a (probably second hand) bike in the next few months, and I reckoned it'd be a good idea to find out as much about cycling as I could before I started, if not just for myself then to at least convince my parents that cycling isn't as deadly as they are currently convinced. I want to start cycling to get fit and healthy, and for basic transportation.

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: From Scotland!
I ride a mountain bike and took it back up last year to get fit and for local journeys instead of the car.
I'm really enjoying it.
You'll get lots of great advice here!

OP
OP
Arualsti

Arualsti

Hi ScotiaLass and Rickshaw Phil, thanks for the welcome!

I will definitely have lots of questions soon enough!

OP
OP
Arualsti

Arualsti

Hello from me over here.. :smile:
Thank you for the welcome :smile:

OP
OP
Arualsti

Arualsti

:welcome: to CC! There's plenty of people on here with tips and advice to help on your cycling journey!
evening ask away
Thanks for the welcome!
hi and welcome @Arualsti
this is a great site for info and such and your in a good area i grew up not far from Watford and i know there is some great rides around there
I have been looking around, and I never actually realised the amount of cycle routes there are around!

fabregas485

Thanks for the welcome!

I have been looking around, and I never actually realised the amount of cycle routes there are around!
Watford is a lovely place to cycle. I love riding along the canal in cassiobury park. Or even better, cycling from Watford to harrow down common road (that's what google calls it, but I always refer to it as the alpine because the restaurant on the corner). https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6...m4!1e1!3m2!1sVXjZ5y2QU3T0dpVV2l-XLw!2e0?hl=en

Top Bottom