A bit blowy today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
As the title says.

Wind seems just as strong as it was last week but now from the NNE making it feckin cold. Really hard work and cold once the sun had gone down. Can't remember a summer in recent years with so much wind :smile:. A real bad case of indigestion.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Just got in from a 7.5 mile roung trip to buy some bread and milk. Would be 4, but I use the lanes to avoid cagers. Effin windy on the way there, but a nice tail/side wind on the way back.

GrasB

Veteran
Wasn't too bad here, but I did plan my ride so that all the steeper climbs were into a head wind & made my into the village via the long route which is nice n' shielded from northerly winds :blush:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
2Loose said:
Did 26miles today, wind was at my back for at least 4 of them!
It is getting a bit chilly, time to start planning the clothing a bit methinks.

Where did you go, anywhere nice?
I went out and did 25miles today, wasnt too bad, could still keep the speed up.
I didnt think the weather was too bad either, yesterday when you got going it was freezing, but it soon got warmer. Then when you stopped for a while and went back to going again, that was it, you were cold:wacko:
Bloody weather.

Joe24 said:
Where did you go, anywhere nice?
I went out and did 25miles today, wasnt too bad, could still keep the speed up.
I didnt think the weather was too bad either, yesterday when you got going it was freezing, but it soon got warmer. Then when you stopped for a while and went back to going again, that was it, you were cold:wacko:
Bloody weather.

I set out wearing a short sleeve shirt under a long sleeve bike jumper and a hi-vis vest on top... and a waterproof tucked away in my pannier! Short of a tornado, I was prepared for anything!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
i got confused when listening to the weather and thought i would have a nice tail wind, turned out it was a head wind.

Bodhbh

Guru
Well quite liking wind being inverted for the last few days, mixing things up on the regular route a bit :wacko:. Only thing is I often head NE directly after work to get warmed up before looping back around, guess will have to warm up rather quicker.

levad

Veteran
Crankarm said:
As the title says.

Wind seems just as strong as it was last week but now from the NNE making it feckin cold. Really hard work and cold once the sun had gone down. Can't remember a summer in recent years with so much wind :wacko:. A real bad case of indigestion.

Is this what they call an "Indian" summer, good job nobody is in a "curry" :thumbsdown:

I like NE winds: with me on the way home, against on the way to work. The ride to work is mostly downhill (once I've done the climb out of my village) so a SW behind me on the way to work means I polish off the journey to work real quick, then take an AGE to get home. A North Easterly evens things out a little ..

Had to upgrade from a t-shirt to a long sleeve top today, AND put the lights on. Winter is a coming ..

Top Bottom