A bit more on the £50 Voucher Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nothing like keeping it simple, eh?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Detail in the link suggests,

"...You can then take your bike in to be fixed, using the voucher towards the cost. You can then claim the cost of the discount (up to £50 per bike) back through the Energy Saving Trust website. The trust will refund the bike owner on behalf of the government on a weekly basis."

That doesn't make sense. You get sent a £50 off' voucher and use the voucher towards the cost of a repair... so the bike shop takes the voucher towards the cost [and reclaims the money from the Energy Saving Trust otherwise they don't get the money?]... but then it says 'you' claim the cost of the discount back from the Energy Saving Trust... so the bike shop charge you full price and you reclaim the £50? ...so why bother giving you a voucher to start with?

signed,
'Confused of Northumberland'.

Person

I imagine it's this way because if you get a voucher, you'll just go ahead and use it, and that isn't allowed.

I think we've all been slapped in the face with this one. But the good news is car drivers will believe we've had something for nothing and have renewed enthusiasm at driving into us.

DRM

Guru
So not any good if you want to order your parts from an online retailer & do your own spannering then, what an absolute crock, I don’t even have £2,000,000 public liability insurance to start with, I bet Halfords will be all over this like a rash,:stop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom