A bit of balance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just to balance things in commuting out a little. I had a great cycle in this morning. It is a bank holiday here in Glasgow (although I am working :biggrin:). The cycle in was one of the quietest I've ever had. Cycling down Balshagray Avenue (I love that name) down toward the Clyde Tunnel. It is usually choca with cars. Today on my side of the road, I encountered no cars at all! I almost felt like shouting weeeeeee.

I could post the video, but without having a discussion with someone it might be a bit boring! :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
bone idle jocks

most likely paid for with London tax payers' money too

Cab

More or less without incident, this morning. Had a taxi almost come at me in a narrow section of road, but I was nearly through and so could accelerate out in time, so it wasn't an issue. Had a cyclist indicate to turn right only a fraction of a second before doing so in front of me, but I'd anticipated he might do that so I wasn't overtaking him at the time.

So all in all, about as uneventful as a commute could be.

Tynan

Veteran
two road rages for me, car pulled out across the entire bus lane, watch me coming and made no effort to reverse and to my angry glare gave the casual wave of the hand of sorry, got the finger back

and braking hard on the downhill before I joined a roundabout, black cab coming round, he didn't indicate that he was turning left rather than continuing so I rolled a little further forward than I would have otherwise, knew he might and sure enough he did, but stopped in front of me and gave me a look to say that he thought I was was going to pull out in front of me

I'm afraid the street for 100 yards got what I thought of that

rather enjoyed it once I was already wet

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Actually,

I had a pigeon cut me up the other day. Obviously I was in the primary position and had a right to be there. You can imagine how annoyed I was. Obviously I asked it to land so that I could have a chat. It claimed that it owned that particular air space and took precedence over me because pigeons had been here before cyclists. I of course asked if it had read Cyclecraft, but it had not. It asked if I had read Genesis and he then pointed out that birds were here first. I wasn't sure how to respond to that so I just cycled off.

Unfortunately my helmet camera battery had just run out a few minutes before..... :biggrin:

(It's a bank holiday here so give me a break!)

pw2389

Tynan said:
...he thought I was was going to pull out in front of me

How exactly does one pull out in front of oneself?

Tetedelacourse

A8000 open again in the East of Scotland, makes my commute further but faster = better. Once I hit the A8 I averaged 36kph for the last 4m miles, ya dancer!

Last summer I experienced the squirrely equivalent of Emily Davison. I was bombing down a local fire road, it was lovely weather and I was really putting the hammer down.

Suddenly the rear wheel and the pedals locked up, a short and graceless slide before a very dusty, painful crash. When I had got my breath back and looked over the bike, jammed in the rear wheel / mech was most of a squirrel, blood and guts hanging out.

It was pretty manky picking it out before limping home with a bent rear derailleur that only worked in 8th. Not a happy day!

Cab

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Last summer I experienced the squirrely equivalent of Emily Davison. I was bombing down a local fire road, it was lovely weather and I was really putting the hammer down.

Suddenly the rear wheel and the pedals locked up, a short and graceless slide before a very dusty, painful crash. When I had got my breath back and looked over the bike, jammed in the rear wheel / mech was most of a squirrel, blood and guts hanging out.

It was pretty manky picking it out before limping home with a bent rear derailleur that only worked in 8th. Not a happy day!

Not for the faint hearted this link, but you do know that theres good eating on a squirrel, don't you?

http://www.downsizer.net/Projects/P...t_Feast__or_Preparing_a_Squirrel_for_the_Pot/

Top Bottom