A bit of variety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was stopped at red lights waiting to turn right yesterday around about 18.30hrs. The opposing traffic was heavy and awaited green as well. The first vehicle in the queue opposite me was a local cyclist i've seen before - the Electric Bike Lady. She has a cargo ebike and ferries her 3+ kids about in it. Just before the lights changed, a tall, lean commuting roadie came up to the front on the empty pavement (one foot unclipped and almost scooting rather than cycling before anyone gets too vexed about pavement cycling). He was ready to hammer it as the lights changed but I know the sequence well and had time to go before getting stuck in the yellow box of death. We all acknowledged each other with polite nods and I thought how pleasant cycling can be. The variety of cyclists also amused me - the older lady in everyday clothes, the tall lean roadie in full lycra and me who is none of these things.

(Not much point to this post really except it is No. 499!)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The spice of life indeed - and almost anyone on a bike is reducing congestion, pollution and improving their health into the bargain. Fast or slow 2 non-motorised wheels is good...and it would be very boring if everyone was the same.

Top Bottom