A bit worried now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
You may remember my post in the middle of December about scoffing loads of liquorice allsorts,to open me up.
Well things have gone the other way now,and back ache with a dull ache and one sore spot in abdomen.So a visit to the Doctor,a very exacting examination which included a latex glove,enough said there..
So she says i will send you for a hospital visit.
Now comes the interesting part,i have an appointment in NINE days time,for a Colonoscopy,today the medicine came by registered post,as we old timers call it.
I am pleased it's happening so quick,but also asking myself why is it so quick,what do they suspect?
Ah well, all will be revealed very soon.

If its the scare I had a while ago, its nothing to worry about mate.........I had the camera down the ahem, man bit....:shy: it was more embarrassing than anything else, just get it done and put your mind at ease.

Hopefully its nothing.:thumbsup:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
If you are a gentleman of leisure they'll most likely just want to check you asap, i'll say the phrase "bowel cancer" because that is what a lot of people think when they have issues with their bowels, and are over a certain age, i'm already susceptible to it as it runs in my family (Joy) but the hospital would rather be safe than sorry so they'll send you in quick, there's no ulterior motive don't worry! they have a set of criteria for getting you in quick that's all!
i had exactly the same feelings as yourself whereupon being referred to the hospital i was sent for an MRI the DAY AFTER.
headaches and dizzyness get you bumped up some serious lists.

hope everything is ok, and gws!
Pete

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They should also check your prostate while you are there. Prostate cancer is the largest single cause of death of men over the age of fifty. I asked my doctor for a test and he said it wasnt routine!

ScotiaLass

Guru
Agree with some of the others...you've 'ticked a few boxes' on their checklist so they are dealing with it accordingly.
I found myself in a similar position with a breast lump. I was referred to the hospital in about a week, and was given a mammogram and saw the consultant on the same day.
It turned out it was a cyst, but I was grateful that I was seen so quickly - had it been anything more sinister it would have been kicked swift and hard!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yeah after my problems with Colitis, I'd say get it checked ASAP.

As for 9 days, well if it is anything like my local hospital (Vale Of Leven), it might be that that's when the clinic is next there.

Top Bottom