A blue bike for a blue day, or 2, or 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
having to stay in & wait for a collection today, so cleaned the bikes & saw a photo opportunity whilst they were all clean :smile:
14355141797_55189943cf_c.jpg

I've got an all black Defy2 and I was thinking of doing the bar tape blue..... looks good on the Spesh there might try it....

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've got an all black Defy2 and I was thinking of doing the bar tape blue..... looks good on the Spesh there might try it....
Cheers. The spesh is very dark blue, looks black in some light. I did use black bar tape in the hope that it wouldn't get grubby as quick, but IMO it spoilt the look of the bike. like to add a splash of colour :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Green tyres... have to go...go Blue

Sorry to hijack this thread slightly... the picture O.P posted (even though the Bike was dark blue) and the photos posted by @ianrauk and @Cyclist33 of black bikes and blue tape have convinced me to go blue.... with the bar tape just ordered 2 rolls............... needed 2 because Mrs V said something along the lines of ....

Huh.. You know I wanted by bars done blue you're just copying me........

Doesn't matter minimum spend was a tenner for free delivery anyway..... good job her bike isn't black as well or it would like they were owned by Howard and Hilda.....
I'll post some pics when I've done them both.... bit worried though I haven't put bar tape on for 30 years and can't remember if I was any good at it.....

Last edited:
You might be lucky like me & the original bar tape will leave a bit of a mark where it was & just follow them lines :thumbsup:
The original tape isn't that sticky it keeps coming undone a bit, I've wound it back on a couple of times but the bars look unmarked underneath..... I think i'll practice on Mrs V's bike first:whistle:

Top Bottom