A.C.F...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
We can communicate in emojis, or words, or a mixture of the two. Perhaps I hamper myself by choosing words exclusively (except when I don't, quite often, by using a picture I've taken and/or altered to my own twisted ends), but I don't feel any significant avenues of expression have been cut off.
Thank you, Shaun - if you didn't offer the opportunity, the forum would surely be a sadder, less forgiving place?
What I was offering in that long ago place and time was a choice rarely given on forums: an opportunity to post in a smiley-free zone. Needless to say I wasn't thanked for it, and am still awaiting forgiveness in some quarters.

As for bollocks, my favourite is Seth (close enough) from Deadwood, later reincarnated as Raylan Givens in Justified.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUFoMzE8EcQ

classic33

Leg End Member
Stop all these pictures!
1F921
proposed_1f921.png

CLOWN FACE

Unicode Consortium character for 2016. Bacon is also in there. I can think of rasher things to emojify...

1F953
proposed_1f953.png

BACON
Or, realistically...
28F1821A00000578-3091290-image-a-74_1432220519776.jpg

Any Clowns Forthcoming?
and what about the eggs, to go with the bacon?
Cooking Eggs.gif

I find it rather sad

Many years ago, way back in the early ages of man, there was communication by pictures:
cavepainting.jpg

Then man realised the limitations and developed language with its rich range of things called words. In doing so man enabled a higher level of communication with nuance, context and he ability to address complex subjects

Now we are simply too lazy to use that language and are going back to using pictures in the same way as the early cave dwellers

I find it rather sad

Many years ago, way back in the early ages of man, there was communication by pictures:
cavepainting.jpg

Then man realised the limitations and developed language with its rich range of things called words. In doing so man enabled a higher level of communication with nuance, context and he ability to address complex subjects

Now we are simply too lazy to use that language and are going back to using pictures in the same way as the early cave dwellers
:rolleyes:

in the same way as the early cave dwellers

A bad thing?
:popcorn:

And, as a further 'taster' there was a recent 'Comment is Free' video in my regularly arranged display of words and pictures aka The Guardian. that offered another insight. Great!
I suppose I am grateful to live in a visual and aural world and play accordingly. People who can't see, or hear need one thing more than the other perhaps and are not in a position to pick and choose.
I need the peace and love emoji now...:okay:

Top Bottom