A Car Hit Me - How can I screw him?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The driver probably hasn't got insurance. And his car will be registered at an accommodation address.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm sorry I'll read that again...

<ahem>

Brain dead jelly fish...

:thumbsup:

Rigid Raider, there is that risk.. Isn't there a special fund though, to compensate up to a certain amount in that case? Can't remember the name...

OP
OP
Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat

Yeah sorry Bonj for feeling a little 'disgruntled' at someone who wasn't driving with appropriate care (no indicator and I assume not using his mirror as he would have seen me if he had) and forcing me into the side of his car.

Next time I peel myself off a car, I'll say thank you and send him on his way with a cheery smile and wishes of good luck.

Rigid Raider said:
The driver probably hasn't got insurance. And his car will be registered at an accommodation address.

In many ways it makes the claim easier as the claim is against the MIB then, and there's no driver to contradict what you say.

(bl**dy hell, world first I know, but) I kind of agree with how Bonj started-out.

You don't want to screw the driver, which reads as though you want to fraudulently claim, exaggerate your injuries/losses, etc.
You want to get fair compensation for some p*ll*ck's actions.

As others have said.
Get it all documented - who did what, who said what.
Photos of your injuries, your bike, the collision (I won't say 'accident') scene.
See your GP, get it logged in his records.
Take your bike to LBS and get them to detail repairs required.
Get a solicitor, fill-in lots of forms.
Keep a record of all expenditure - are you getting the bus because your bike's broke ? Bought painkillers even if only ibuprofen ? Had to drive to doctor's, to bike shop for repair estimate, etc, etc.

Sit back and wait.

Ages.

I'm currently awaiting compensation for being knocked off in January.
I'm in British Triathlon so their solicitors are handling (same company who do British Cycling, CTC use another firm)
It was a black&white case of his fault and his insurers admitted liability back in April, but I still haven't received a penn, they're still arguing about a figure.

Top Bottom