A case for confiscating the car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A case for confiscating his driving licence, permanently. And possibly his liberty for a few months just to send out the right message too. How can anyone be so lazy/stupid??

Drago

Legendary Member
Their cars should be crushed and the offender not only made to watch, but also sent the bill for disposal.

Im a firm believer that driving bans should be for life. If I willfully behaved dangerously with my shotgun I'd never be allowed a licence again, so why are people who behave dangerously with 2 tonne kinetic weapons treated so leniently?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Last winter, I nearly got taken off my bike on a roundabout on a cold frosty morning. I was already on the roundabout, turning right, when a car came from my left. Didn't see me, and only my luck saved the day. Well you wouldn't see me, would you, when your driver side window is completely frosted up and your windscreen has only a small portion cleared.
I don't normally condone violence, but I could perfectly understand if someone more volatile than me (!!) dragged people like that from their car and showed them the error of their ways.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I would estimate 80% of the cars I have seen this week did not clear any snow from their roof. If there were any reasonable levels of police patrols out, they could have had a field day. So many accidents waiting to happen. :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I would estimate 80% of the cars I have seen this week did not clear any snow from their roof. If there were any reasonable levels of police patrols out, they could have had a field day. So many accidents waiting to happen. :sad:
Re snow on the roof. Its actually only an offence if it slides off onto the windscreen or into the path of another vehicle.
I only know that because I read it recently so googled it..... and its correct.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I’d go further, execute his family in front of him, and burn down his house, that’ll teach him.
It that in case the Stupid gene has been passed down the family line?
Still a tad harsh, though..

Drago

Legendary Member
Do we know what the max penalty is for this type of transgression ?
They've charged the chump with dangerous driving, and were it south of the border its a mandatory ban of 12 months minimum and an extended re test. On top of that its an unlimited fine and/or up to 6 months in prison if tried in a magistrates court, up to 2 years in the bin if tried in crown.

Top Bottom