1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A challenge!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Rhythm Thief, 24 May 2008.

1. Me, Ms RT and a few of her mates are off camping in Brecon this weekend. I've told her I'll cycle it (it's maybe 40 miles) and she's full of, er, concern about my ability to make it that far without dying. I've told her that the day I'm scared of a 40 odd mile ride is the day I hang up my wheels for ever, but she's convinced she's going to have to stop and pick me up in her car half way.
    Can anyone think of a better way to make me more determined than ever to get my bike out?:biggrin:

2. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

A large cash bribe? :biggrin:

3. No, even that wouldn't work as well as her saying "pah, you'll never do it. You're too fat and old." Or words to that effect.:sad:

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Buy new bits for it. Always works for me

5. That one doesn't work for me. I tend to enjoy messing about with them much more than actually riding the things.

6. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

The ability to stop en route at a number of public houses, safe in the knowledge that you'll burn all the alcohol away as you make your way to the next. That's what I've been told by an "expert" in these things, but have yet to confirm the thesis. Would you be interested in preforming this valuable research RT?:wacko:

7. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I've dedicated my life to this one and it works. It's been nights of study and self-denial though.:wacko:

If I could only find my way home I'd be quids in :sad:

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

YOu could buy new bits for MY bike then. :wacko:

9. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

40 miles?
    You'd need a decent pub every 5 miles. You're f*cked mate...
    Heh...:wacko:

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

You'll do it, no bother and then think how easy it will be to get something bike related past Mrs. RT in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Well, it was only 26 miles in the end. Nice ride too, non stop in 1 hour 45.
    I bottled riding back in the rain today though, drove home with the bike in the back to watch the Monaco GP. I left Ms RT and her friends there to, er, "enjoy" a walk in the pissing down rain.;)