A challenge!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Me, Ms RT and a few of her mates are off camping in Brecon this weekend. I've told her I'll cycle it (it's maybe 40 miles) and she's full of, er, concern about my ability to make it that far without dying. I've told her that the day I'm scared of a 40 odd mile ride is the day I hang up my wheels for ever, but she's convinced she's going to have to stop and pick me up in her car half way.
Can anyone think of a better way to make me more determined than ever to get my bike out?:biggrin:

Uncle Mort said:
A large cash bribe? :biggrin:

No, even that wouldn't work as well as her saying "pah, you'll never do it. You're too fat and old." Or words to that effect.:sad:

Rhythm Thief said:
Can anyone think of a better way to make me more determined than ever to get my bike out?:sad:

The ability to stop en route at a number of public houses, safe in the knowledge that you'll burn all the alcohol away as you make your way to the next. That's what I've been told by an "expert" in these things, but have yet to confirm the thesis. Would you be interested in preforming this valuable research RT?:wacko:

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
That one doesn't work for me. I tend to enjoy messing about with them much more than actually riding the things.

YOu could buy new bits for MY bike then. :wacko:

Well, it was only 26 miles in the end. Nice ride too, non stop in 1 hour 45.
I bottled riding back in the rain today though, drove home with the bike in the back to watch the Monaco GP. I left Ms RT and her friends there to, er, "enjoy" a walk in the pissing down rain.;)

Top Bottom