A choice between bikes, help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Hello, I am stuck between two bikes at the moment. The 2009 Defy 2.5 and a 2010 Specialized Allez Sport 27 . I personally prefer the look of the defy range but I'm new to road bikes and don't know which one is better performance wise.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Can you test ride these bikes under the conditions that you will expect to ride?

Rhys_Po

From what I gather, the Allez has actually been downgraded in terms of components from the '09 model, while the price has risen.

If you do want to try the Allez ... see if you can still get an '09.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Rhys_Po said:
From what I gather, the Allez has actually been downgraded in terms of components from the '09 model, while the price has risen.

If you do want to try the Allez ... see if you can still get an '09.

They've sold out of 09 and will only have 2010 in stock from now on.
If they have been downgraded, I'll probably go for the Giant then.

zoso7

I've had a Defy 2.5 for a month now, awesome bike, no experience of the Allez tho. Defy 2.5 is a better spec than the 2010 Allez so I would say that the Giant is defo the bike you should be considering.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

zoso7 said:
I've had a Defy 2.5 for a month now, awesome bike, no experience of the Allez tho. Defy 2.5 is a better spec than the 2010 Allez so I would say that the Giant is defo the bike you should be considering.

Ok thanks very much. I will be checking it out shortly at MK cycles.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Trek 1.5 is 700 though, I guess I ask my Dad seeing as I'm paying most of it.

I went MK Cycles today, turns out they didn't have any in my size, they would have a new Defy 3 next month in my size though.

I then went Leisure Lakes to see if they had any Allez's in my size, they had them in the size above mine and the size below mine, urgh. and they wont have any in my size for a few months.

So I'm going to ring cooksons and inquire about the 1.2 sizes and when they'll have them, and maybe get a 1.5

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

My dad will fork over another 100 for the Trek 1.5 if they have it in my size. Time to ring.

Top Bottom