A chuffed beginner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
2 times a week sounds good for the moment.

Then you need to stop making excuses like "its a bit wet" or "I've got to carry a pen AND ruler into work this morning".

Then you get a really nice bike and promise to ride in every day to get fit and save even more money.

Then you get addicted and it takes over your life.

Leodis

Veteran
Did you guys buy the speedo thingy from Endmonodo? Also does your backlight on phone not kick in and one more question how do you use it when its wet>?

Thanks

OP
OP
bucksgill

bucksgill

Did you guys buy the speedo thingy from Endmonodo? Also does your backlight on phone not kick in and one more question how do you use it when its wet>?

Thanks

I personally just press start and put it in my coat pocket as I just use it as a tracker to look at once I've finished. With most smartphones I think there is the setting to stop the screen going off however obviously this will drain battery life but it would give you a live speedo if you mounted it on your bars. Can't help with using it in the wet I'm afraid.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think it was dan_bo who suggested wrapping smartphones in clingfilm for wet rides! Someone else suggested using Ziploc bags. I'm not sure if those methods would interfere with fastening the phone to your bike though?

It may seem small to many, but I did my first sub 3 minute mile (according to Endomondo) today coming in at 2:57. Some other relatively quick ones (for me) in there as well but that was the lowest. Unfortunately cycling into a very annoying wind meant my average didn't quite topple my 15mph target.

Also did just over 32 miles which beats my record by 8 miles, admittedly it was all flat as a pancake but considering I only got a bike 2 weeks tomorrow and had to stop 3 times during my first ride of 6 miles I think its going pretty well :biggrin:

This thread doesn't really have a point but I just wanted to share my excitedness with people :laugh: hopefully over the next month or so I'll be able to get some clipless pedals and join a cycle club :smile:

Twas a bloody cold night tonight though; my water bottle froze!

I think I'm started to get addicted, where do I get my lycra...

Rocky on a bike! Thats pretty good going, I guess this thread really did have a point after all.

Top Bottom