A clever idea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I fell into conversation with a roadie the other day who had what I believe are called tri-bars - the ones that stick out.

On one of the bars he had about half a dozen cable ties pulled around the bar in a row with all the tag ends pointing the same way.

He explained he used the ties as a lap counter - pushing one across for each lap.

Apparently, it's easy to lose count when doing laps or training repeats.

Clever idea, I thought, although as you can probably tell from the post, not one I will be using.

Any comments or any other clever ideas for solving a cycling problem welcome.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Laps..... ?
I still like and use the one someone on CC posted a couple of years ago about wrapping bike lights in cling film to keep them clean and waterproof. I use it on my water bottle caps too to keep the stopper clean when it's wet and muddy.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I like low tech, when we are all obsessed with apps and Garmins, nothing to go wrong. Perhaps he could use a cut down version of this:
image.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
one i love is for water bottles, wash them out thoroughly with hot water and soap and then rinse then shake out now simply roll up a sheet of kitchen paper and put in bottle and screw cap on so that it stays on but is very loose. leave kitchen paper in bottle until next use
this leaves you with a perfectly dry, clean and sanitary bottle! :smile:
i had a teacher many years ago who toured africa and due to not ,being able to, properly clean her bottles they grew algae and stuff due in the heat
Cheers Ed

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Laps..... ?
I still like and use the one someone on CC posted a couple of years ago about wrapping bike lights in cling film to keep them clean and waterproof. I use it on my water bottle caps too to keep the stopper clean when it's wet and muddy.

My LBS thought I was nuts when they saw my rear light all cling filmed up

Top Bottom