A confession

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
The Velvet Curtain said:
Powered flight is for girls, Patrick.... you need one of these:

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/thevelvetcurtain/?action=view&current=DSCI0744.jpg

I'm the one in the front by the way, before anyone gets smart;)

Ahem....how did you get it launched? I have greater concerns. The control unit is full of batteries and the red LED is on and the red on light on the helicopter itself, but NOTHING'S HAPPENING ;) How long does the battery take to charge up? Is there some sort of cut out so that nothing happens until there's an adequate charge?

Are you playing the soundtrack to Apocalypse Now Patrick? If not, that could be your problem.

Don't, whatever you do, light up with all that napalm on board - there could be a lot of roasted people in the valleys tonight ;)

TVC

Patrick Stevens said:
Ahem....how did you get it launched? I have greater concerns. The control unit is full of batteries and the red LED is on and the red on light on the helicopter itself, but NOTHING'S HAPPENING ;) How long does the battery take to charge up? Is there some sort of cut out so that nothing happens until there's an adequate charge?

A big elastic band.

The RC aircraft I've bought before came with trickle chargers that took forever. One though did have an option to plug it into a car socket to give a quick boost. The other thing is did you have the arials fully extended? Some can be quite tempremental, I've launched an aircraft with the transmitter arial in, just to see the plane cut engine and spiral to an expensive stop on the ground.

asterix

Comrade Member
Yeah, yeah, you've got a big chopper..

Talking of helicopters, I was one of the first civilians ever to be a passenger in an Army helicopter, in Cyprus. What's worrying is that the actual a/c is now a museum exhibit:blush:

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
The Velvet Curtain said:
A big elastic band.

The RC aircraft I've bought before came with trickle chargers that took forever. One though did have an option to plug it into a car socket to give a quick boost. The other thing is did you have the arials fully extended? Some can be quite tempremental, I've launched an aircraft with the transmitter arial in, just to see the plane cut engine and spiral to an expensive stop on the ground.

I'm trying to be patient but it's difficult.

A mate bought one of those big petrol powered R/C jobs. Took him nearly a year to get it 3 feet off the ground. How we oohed and aahed when it eventually happened. He crashed it not long after that. ;);)

Patrick Stevens said:
I do not want to hear this.

How about, after much perseverance, he achieved a modicum of vertical altitude? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Aperitif said:
Are you playing the soundtrack to Apocalypse Now Patrick? If not, that could be your problem.

Don't, whatever you do, light up with all that napalm on board - there could be a lot of roasted people in the valleys tonight :tongue:

I dread to think what is meant by a "sheep roast" in certain areas round here. :thumbsup:

TVC

Patrick Stevens said:
It's a £29.99 model. Will it have frequency settings?

If it does it will be a simple slider switch, there should be a little label somewhere on the controller giving the frequency(s), around 25-28MHz.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The Velvet Curtain said:
Powered flight is for girls, Patrick.... you need one of these:

Are you doing pre-flight checks perhaps, just checking the brakes (as they're 1/2 way out?) Or de-briefing the flight having just landed? K21s are ok, but I could never get them to spin, have a flight in a Puchajz to see what I mean.

Top Bottom