A couple of examples of poor driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
What camera are you using? I am looking to get one after a couple of close shaves, but not sure how much I want to spend

I've got a ContourHD1080, although I only shoot in 720, to save the memory card and battery.

I can't remember how much it cost me, but I think you can get my model for about £180.
Pretty sure there are other cameras that are better value for money. Ask [member=gaz], he's the expert. In fact [topic=84107]this thread[/topic] might be useful.

Gandalf

Veteran
I see that like me, you have to suffer the North Cheam Triangle of despond.

I don't know why but that stretch of the A24 between Morden and Ewell seems particularly infested with muppets. As soon as I spot one of those TFL roundels I inwardly clench and prepare for the worst.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I see that like me, you have to suffer the North Cheam Triangle of despond.

I don't know why but that stretch of the A24 between Morden and Ewell seems particularly infested with muppets. As soon as I spot one of those TFL roundels I inwardly clench and prepare for the worst.

That clip is on the A217. I actually prefer the A24, as it's single carriageway and no adjacent shared use path.
I come in from Epsom, so I use the A24 until just after Nonsuch park, and I then cut across to this section of the A217 and come up to Rose Hill.

Gandalf

Veteran
That clip is on the A217. I actually prefer the A24, as it's single carriageway and no adjacent shared use path.
I come in from Epsom, so I use the A24 until just after Nonsuch park, and I then cut across to this section of the A217 and come up to Rose Hill.

Doh! of course.

TFL are starting work along there today to 'improve' the off road cycle path.

Should be interesting, particularly as it involves road closures. They ain't gonna like it, I predict six weeks of mayhem.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Doh! of course.

TFL are starting work along there today to 'improve' the off road cycle path.

Should be interesting, particularly as it involves road closures. They ain't gonna like it, I predict six weeks of mayhem.

Good. They recently resurfaced some of the pedestrian pavements, and left the cycle ones crap.
I do use the cycle lanes sometimes when I'm cycling in with the missus or have my son on the back.

Have you got a link to exactly what they are doing?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Good. They recently resurfaced some of the pedestrian pavements, and left the cycle ones crap.
I do use the cycle lanes sometimes when I'm cycling in with the missus or have my son on the back.

Have you got a link to exactly what they are doing?

Hmm, no sign of any work going on today. Maybe it's delayed.

Top Bottom