A (Covid) virus question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
My friend Mark is married to a twin ... well twins ... all 3 of them live together ........:okay:
But presumably not the twin he shared his mother's womb with?

Very likely what happened in our house........
Or in our case, my wife goes out to work risking herself and exposing herself to the virus everyday where as I sit at home behind a desk and don’t go out. When she gets in, clothes are off and she is showered and changed before we even have a kiss or two.

So yes, she could catch Covid and I might not.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Or in our case, my wife goes out to work risking herself and exposing herself to the virus everyday where as I sit at home behind a desk and don’t go out. When she gets in, clothes are off and she is showered and changed before we even have a kiss or two.

So yes, she could catch Covid and I might not.
I take it your particularly vulnerable ...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Interesting how in so many couples only one gets it .....
All 4 of us got it with symptoms. But we suspect it was the new variant.
Once it is in the house it’s almost impossible to avoid. So people without symptoms are probably carriers and should self isolate.

I take it your particularly vulnerable ...
Nope, work decided in March 2020 to shut its doors to 750 colleagues who used to hot desk, now there are only 14 in the office across 3 floors and no plans to ever return as we have proven we can work agile/remote and without loss of efficiency in our sector.

I’m not vulnerable either but the thought of her sitting round in an office with colleagues all day who may or may not have been Covid secure outside the workplace is a bit worrying. Interestingly, there has been an outbreak in her office and it is now shut for a minimum of 10days while everyone isolates. It is a government department so ought to have been Covid secure. Luckily she was not in work the five days leading up to the breakout and had a negative test so doesn’t need to isolate and has been given kit to carry on working from home.

Landsurfer

Veteran
There’s only 18 of us in the office / workshop. We operate as a bubble, interacting very much as we did before March last year. No one has had symptoms, been ill, had family illness or peer group illness so we have decided as a group to carry on with our work method. We have review on the 1st of each month and take a random sample of 4 temperatures at the start of each day. We don’t wear masks, but we do wear safety footwear. If we have a visitor to the business, like yesterday, they are allowed access to the office or the workshop, not both, and staff in that area wear masks for the duration of the visit. But thats a rare event.
It’s a pleasant working environment, as it always has been ... otherwise whats the point.

Interesting how in so many couples only one gets it .....
Not in my case,My Wife started showing symptoms on Tuesday,I started Wednesday evening,went for the test which proved positive,last night the stepdaughter had a temperature and a cough so she's probably got it too,so far it's not that bad,I had Croup about 5 years ago that was 10 times worse than this.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I'm guessing the answer is "it depends." Meaning, if you have a compromised immune system, it is possible that one "blob" can give you the virus. But if you have a robust immune system, it is possible that a small number entering your system could be fought off by the body's own natural defense mechanisms. Again, I'm no scientist so don't take my word for it.

There’s only 18 of us in the office / workshop. We operate as a bubble, interacting very much as we did before March last year. No one has had symptoms, been ill, had family illness or peer group illness so we have decided as a group to carry on with our work method. We have review on the 1st of each month and take a random sample of 4 temperatures at the start of each day. We don’t wear masks, but we do wear safety footwear. If we have a visitor to the business, like yesterday, they are allowed access to the office or the workshop, not both, and staff in that area wear masks for the duration of the visit. But thats a rare event.
It’s a pleasant working environment, as it always has been ... otherwise whats the point.

This sounds a bit reckless.
How hard is it to take everyone's temperature when they come in ?
The health club I was teaching at insisted on all workers recording their temperature when they enter and leave. Any high temperature and you'd not be allowed in.

What's the ventilation like ? How close are people working together ?

Infections are just about the highest they've been. We've had two Covid deaths in the family (from different areas) so your 18 workers seem to have been very lucky.

Top Bottom