A Cycling City!.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threshold

Just got back from Berlin, and WOW, what a lot of cyclists absolutely everywhere, literally thousands!
OK, they're pretty well accommodated on the roads, and have priority at certain junctions, but child carriages are completely normal, and, on a slightly seperate note........
With the Post Office getting rid of their bike fleet on 'Safety' grounds, what do you think the Health and Safety Nazis (sic) would make of the German Mailmans delivery steed ( Below) :smile:

That's brill...the car may rule here but at least it doesn't rule everywhere.

I read somewhere the more 'assertive' cyclists in Berlin were fitting sharpened spikes to the ends of their pedals in order to deter any close overtakes. True or urban myth?

rusky

CC Addict
Piemaster said:
I read somewhere the more 'assertive' cyclists in Berlin were fitting sharpened spikes to the ends of their pedals in order to deter any close overtakes. True or urban myth?

How big are the spikes or how close were the overtakes :biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
What do you expect from a nation that is always first to get their towels on the sunloungers by the pool :biggrin:?

Did you see many fit cycling madchens/frauleines?

Crankarm

Guru
threshold said:
Just got back from Berlin, and WOW, what a lot of cyclists absolutely everywhere, literally thousands!
OK, they're pretty well accommodated on the roads, and have priority at certain junctions, but child carriages are completely normal, and, on a slightly seperate note........
With the Post Office getting rid of their bike fleet on 'Safety' grounds, what do you think the Health and Safety Nazis (sic) would make of the German Mailmans delivery steed ( Below) :biggrin:

The PO aren't getting rid of bikes on health and safety grounds, but so they can get rid of staff. Using a van means they can carry more, several bike's worth in one go, start later and employ fewer staff. The 'elf 'n' safety excuse is just a smoke screen.

dondare

Über Member
hackbike 666 said:
Personally I could do with a machine gun.

For close overtakes: limpet mines.

dondare

Über Member
skudupnorth said:
I went to Leipzig a couple of years ago and they too have a brilliant inner city cycle network,would it be great if our country had such a thing.

We do.
Unfortunately motor-vehicles are allowed to use it, under licence.

Top Bottom