A cycling forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Thanks LCpl.

The pig has been retired and replaced with a new avatar series. Just until male violence against women is ended. :okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Not all men are Socrates.

swansonj

Guru
Sorry, but we're only a handful of cyclists in a small forum in a tiny corner of the internet. So despite the attempts of those few who think they are somehow going to educate and enlighten us by posting the same stuff over and over again, it's wasted energy. It won't change a thing.
I have been educated and enlightened, and have changed my mind, multiple times through reading the political discussions on CycleChat. That's why I read them - because I think that improving my understanding of the world and developing my understanding of how we could improve the world is a Good Thing, not to mention a continuous process that I hope still to be doing till my dying day.

If by "it won't change a thing" you, or anyone else, include not changing your own mind, I would think that a really sad place to be.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have been educated and enlightened, and have changed my mind, multiple times through reading the political discussions on CycleChat. That's why I read them - because I think that improving my understanding of the world and developing my understanding of how we could improve the world is a Good Thing, not to mention a continuous process that I hope still to be doing till my dying day.

If by "it won't change a thing" you, or anyone else, include not changing your own mind, I would think that a really sad place to be.
I find it quite bizarre that you allow yourself to be influenced by a group of anonymous strangers on the internet; but each to their own.

I find it quite bizarre that you allow yourself to be influenced by a group of anonymous strangers on the internet; but each to their own.
Same here, some of the stuff I read on here just re-enforces my opinions that it's me that's 'got it right '.

Being outright rude or offensive to people is obviously wrong but Just because I think some of the latest jokes going round are funny doesn't make me a racist or a woman disrespector, or does it?

I genuinely think other people are the same but afraid to admit it in public.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
the roots of Quo lie in my patch of south london though - those Italians get around.

Several Italian families were involved in what we could call seaside catering in Sunderland, including ice cream.

It's thought they first came here as prisoners of war.

Many of the ones who stayed were from a small town in Italy, some later returning to settle back there as the ice cream businesses declined, although a couple of families remain to this day.

Sunderland visitors to the Italian town are surprised to find the locals know a lot about the North East coast, and some speak with mackem accents.

Top Bottom