A dangerous dog .... always a dangerous dog , especially with owner down to one arm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
http://thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...on_bail_after_dog_walker_savaged_near_Durham/
http://thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...__say_residents_outraged_by_fresh_dog_attack/

" Police arrest man after fresh dog attack, just weeks after his own arm was ripped off"
"We knew this would happen, say residents outraged by fresh dog attack"
"“When he lost his arm I said my husband at the time 'if those two dogs have attacked him the other ones will do the same'."

So where was PC plod in this protecting the public ?

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/a-dangerous-dog-always-a-dangerous-dog.89260/ (incident not related)

U

User6179

I think anybody that walks 5 of these dogs at once is a complete moron !

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
The problem is that the breed is not known to be a "dangerous dog" and individually they are obedient and affectionate. What happens when you have a pack of them is different though.....but there is no legislation in place at the moment to prevent this, and to be honest, there shouldn't be. If we take an isolated incident like this and compare it to the number of dogs in the country, they are one hell of a lot less dangerous then cars. Or bikes. Or buses. Or airplanes. Lets get Plod to keep an eye out and prevent all those bikes going around. And those cars. And those buses.....etc.etc.....

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
At the end of the day any pet is still just an animal...breading/upbringing whatever it still has natural instincts. It has no moral obligation not to hurt a person. My deaf, partially blind rescued old Jack Russell doesn't say boo to a goose but when someone sneaked up on us a couple of years ago the old boy scared the life out of the guy.

I don't know why if this dog has attacked him why it was still walking around in a public area, clearly he can't control it.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Did they hear Wedding bells as they walked down the aisle?

Drago

Legendary Member
Problem is, if the hungry dogs gnawed their own owners arm off on his own property, there's now power as the law stands at present to give T'dibble power to act. So, after the first incident I expect the local hobbies knew full well the dogs were bad 'uns but we're powerless to do owt. They've no more proactive powers to prevent this sort of thing happening in advance than they do to detain shoplifters before they steal.

Been talk at government level many times to amend the regs, but nothing's come of it from several governments.

U

User6179

No one should be allowed to walk more than 2 dogs at one time IMHO

I would restrict it by weight as well , 2 ten stone mastiffs with a 10 stone owner cant say he is ever in control of them !

U

User6179

Problem is, if the hungry dogs gnawed their own owners arm off on his own property, there's now power as the law stands at present to give T'dibble power to act. So, after the first incident I expect the local hobbies knew full well the dogs were bad 'uns but we're powerless to do owt. They've no more proactive powers to prevent this sort of thing happening in advance than they do to detain shoplifters before they steal.

Been talk at government level many times to amend the regs, but nothing's come of it from several governments.

I believe his dogs were running from fireworks and he tried to stop them when they attacked him , my m8 had his dog attacked by a woman with 3 dogs that were well known for attacking other dogs , she was took to court and found not guilty even though her dogs had ripped the ears off my friends dog which was on a lead .

Top Bottom