A Danish success story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This is a runaway success story from Denmark. It goes to show there are some nice people out there.

8 weeks ago a young lady on Facebook thought it would be a good idea to set up a group called Brug min baghave. Use my back garden.

There are no charges and is a bit like Warmshowers for everyone. As a host you offer what you can.

She didnt know what to expect. But she didnt expect what happened. In 8 weeks, 17,500 hosts have signed up and they are jumping over themselves to get people to stay with them.

The group has now crept over the border into Germany and it could take off there as well.

A great resource for touring cyclists.

Screenshot_20190619_132625_com.facebook.katana.jpg

So you can camp in a host's garden, rather than staying in a room in the host's house?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Don't be silly. That would be the front garden.

Oh I don't know, I've seen sights...

Globalti

Legendary Member
You'd be welcome to nip over to Blackburn to use our rotary dryer, Accy. I'll even make you a cup of tea while you wait. We face west over the Fylde so our back garden is sunny and breezy and ideal for drying stuff. Best wait a few days through as student GtiJunior has just landed with 27 T shirts, 15 pairs of underpants, four towels and two sets of bed sheets which mysteriously seem to have escaped being washed while he was away at Uni.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You'd be welcome to nip over to Blackburn to use our rotary dryer, Accy. I'll even make you a cup of tea while you wait. We face west over the Fylde so our back garden is sunny and breezy and ideal for drying stuff. Best wait a few days through as student GtiJunior has just landed with 27 T shirts, 15 pairs of underpants, four towels and two sets of bed sheets which mysteriously seem to have avoided being washed while he was away at Uni.
Whoooahh!:stop: A tumble dryer you say!:ohmy: Er,i'm environmentally friendly :angel:and see such things using the earths natural resources up as just not right!!;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Whoooahh!:stop: A tumble dryer you say!:ohmy: Er,i'm environmentally friendly :angel:and see such things using the earths natural resources up as just not right!!;)

Where did I say tumble dryer? I said rotary dryer, that's one of those ugly things that sticks up in the garden and spins round and round in the wind. We don't hang our washing on a line strung across the back ginnel to the other house like you poor fellows in Accrington.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Where did I say tumble dryer? I said rotary dryer, that's one of those ugly things that sticks up in the garden and spins round and round in the wind. We don't hang our washing on a line strung across the back ginnel to the other house like you poor fellows in Accrington.
Oh yes, I see now what you mean.:laugh: Yes,that'll do. I'm on my way over! ^_^
Just leave the back gate open and maybe leave me some clothes pegs as well.:whistle:

Top Bottom