A Delta Hase Lepus trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

One has come up for sale on the other forum, kinda interested, but it's a single whl driveon the offside ,rather than the inside wheel.
Being a continental trike, will this present problems handling, i.e. riding on the left side on British roads, single wheel trikes in Britain have the drive wheel on the inside to drive the trike along , against road camber.
Or does it not matter?
My tadpole trike has a single wheel drive at the back, no problems here or over there!

Last edited by a moderator:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My 'upwrong' trike has drive to the offside wheel, can't say I've noticed it pulling to one side.

OP
OP
grldtnr

grldtnr

Not had a long enough ride on a upwrong to know which side it should be, but instinct says it ought to be on the inside and not the off.
Half the battle of triking is to get away from the kerb, an offside drive will surely push you in ,you have to counter steer to stay on the crown of the road from what I've found when riding barrows.
Not a problem on a 'taddy', but the beast still needs taming on the curves.
Yee! Haaaaaaa!! Hup, hup!

OP
OP
grldtnr

grldtnr

Not recumbent tadpoles, they have astonishing levels of grip around corners, if you got the cojonies to hike them out, it's all equal to the angle of dangle,

Drive wheel on the right did cause me some wheel hop on steep hills on my Kettwiesel, but the Lepus less so, maybe because you sit a bit nearer the centre of the trike. Even on the Kettweisel it rarely presented much of a problem.
Note that Hase is the brand name (and the designer’s surname), and the name of the trike is the Lepus… Lupus is a nasty disease!

Top Bottom