A few more questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

u_i

Über Member
I use micro floor pumps with a hose and foot peg. The popular ones on the market are Topeak Mini Morph and Lezyne Micro Floor. Lezyne is a bit more durable but more expensive. These pumps are far easier to use than a typical portable pump lacking a hose or foot peg. Here you can find a Lezyne's review in the context of Brompton and wine:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZW5CWv1M4c

A half way improvement is to turn to a pump with hose but no peg, such Lezyne Pressure Drive.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hi all,

I have a few more questions to ask, if I may:

Does anyone use the CO2 tyre inflators on Brompton tyres? My elbows are giving me some jip so I don't fancy using the (very small) pump if I get a puncture whilst out and about.

Can anyone recommend a bottle cage? I'm looking at this one, it seems quite lightweight: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SKS-Adap...s+bottle+cage&qid=1562495785&s=gateway&sr=8-2
Thanks x

I have 20 inch wheels on my folder and carry a CO2 tyre inflator. I have used it a couple of times and think they are great. Be careful not to press too hard for too long though. I won't go anywhere without mine. They are really easy to use and take just a tiny amount of space in my bag.

OP
OP
JulesBlue

JulesBlue

I have 20 inch wheels on my folder and carry a CO2 tyre inflator. I have used it a couple of times and think they are great. Be careful not to press too hard for too long though. I won't go anywhere without mine. They are really easy to use and take just a tiny amount of space in my bag.

Thank you, I did Google it and apparently the 16g cartridge is about right, would you agree?

12boy

Guru
I also use a Lezyne pressure drive and it works well. I have a tool roll in my saddle bag with some Park patches, a couple of tire irons, a 15 mm cut down wrench, 4, 5 and 6 mm Allen wrenches, the Lezyne, some paper shop towel, and a few zip ties. I replaced the hex bolts that hold the brake cables with Allens so not only can a flat be fixed but brakes can be adjusted or relaxed for wheel removal and many other small maintenance items. It is really useful when I take my bike to other towns where my regular stuff is unavailable. On those trips a new innertube is added since 349 tubes are hard to find in the US. Really feel naked riding without the tool roll.

Kell

Veteran
Bottle cages are a bit of a contentious issue.

I have one of the Monkii Clip cages, but they’re really not cheap.

Part of what sold it to me though is the way that you can remove it refit it the right way up when your bike is folded.

Don’t forget when you fold your bike up, the bottle is upside down and can leak.

u_i

Über Member
I use a cloth cage attached to the mast with hose clamps. It contributes nothing to the folded size and can be used for carrying small items, bolts, tools, road finds etc.

ClothCageR.jpg

mitchibob

Über Member
Does anyone use the CO2 tyre inflators on Brompton tyres? My elbows are giving me some jip so I don't fancy using the (very small) pump if I get a puncture whilst out and about.

Definitely worth having these when out on the road. You wont necessarily need to empty an entire 16g cartridge to get tyres to a decent pressure. I still carry the pump too, as can be easier to use this just to put a bit of air in the old tube to see where the hole was if I can't immediately see the culprit in the tyre, and also to put a little air in the new tube when fitting. Then the CO2 to bring up to pressure once tyre is on and wheel refitted.

I just use a track pump at home.

Can anyone recommend a bottle cage? I'm looking at this one, it seems quite lightweight: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SKS-Adap...s+bottle+cage&qid=1562495785&s=gateway&sr=8-2
Thanks x

These are brilliant. I still use two of them for longer riders, and have settled for just having them on the stem. They don't really move about, and hold onto 750ml bottles even when folding and you'd expect them to get spat out.

I used a monkii clip too. Expensive rubbish. You can get two SKS ones for the same price and they work so much better.

Top Bottom