A few quick SS conversion questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey after a 60km descent I would be thinking more about changing my shorts than my forks..
I hit a raised metal grate at 90 km/hr once. The impact caused me to chin the handlebar stem (nearly making me bite the end of my tongue off) and the bike bounced into the air, almost depositing me onto the road, and causing me to swerve towards an oncoming car... It was a somewhat stimulating experience! (I have been a little more cautious since then. Well, I look out for potholes and dodgy drain covers!)

I've noticed that my Flatbar CAADX also has UltraX written on the inside of the fork but as it is not a disc fork I'm assuming that one will be okay.
There were 4 things to watch out for IIRC and the recall forks need all 4 to be true, so you should be ok.

12boy

Guru
Both hubs and bottom brackets are available that allow for chain tension. There are also chains available that are entirely halflinks. As the chain wears ( they dont stretch but the pins and bushings wear) lose a link. If you are having trouble working out gearing, you might wish to use Sheldon Brown's gear inch calculator. He's got lots of info on his site about fixed and SS systems. He has passed on, sadly, but he is still teaching. RIP, wise one.

Top Bottom