A film I will be going to see...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Anything with Alan Moore in it can't be bad... I'll keep an eye out for that.

ASC1951

Guru
It doesn't feature on IMDb yet, although the FT is usually reliable - it gave Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter zero, only because it couldn't give it a negative score. OTOH I see that the reviewer makes an approving reference to the uber-pretentious Peter Greenaway.....

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It doesn't feature on IMDb yet, although the FT is usually reliable - it gave Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter zero, only because it couldn't give it a negative score. OTOH I see that the reviewer makes an approving reference to the uber-pretentious Peter Greenaway.....
but to the Greenaway pre-pretentious era surely?

ASC1951

Guru
but to the Greenaway pre-pretentious era surely?
I wasn't aware that there is such an era. I've only seen The Draughtsman's Contract, The Belly of the Architect, The Cook etc and Prospero's Books. TDC was a fine film, but you could see where he was heading; and by Prospero's Books he is turning out total tosh. Mind you, I might be unduly influenced by his collaboration with Michael Nyman, a man I've always seen as the poseur's poseur.

ASC1951

Guru
Yes, I like Timothy Spall's stuff. Despite turning out for several of Stephen Poliakoff's offerings, he does show that not all top quality actors are luvvies.

Top Bottom