A first

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Recently moved from my conventional and much loved Peugeot (sp?) to the dark side. A battery bike. Blame age and falling over skiing a lot.
Anyway the bike is an East ish European assembly of various parts. Was bought for me as a present. I cannot risk my domestic comfort by complaining.
But it has disk brakes. I have enjoyed cycling with them.
Now after 3k km I looked at them, the YouTube and decided a change was necessary.
I went to a cycle shop to get a quote. Obviously it was actually open Mike night at a comedy club masquerading as a cycle repair shop. I didn't get the joke and left.
Consulted the brains of the site on choosing correct replacement pads. Someone kindly suggested a supplier.

This afternoon after watching a few videos on YouTube I bit the bullet. Didn't seem that difficult.
The pads were quite worn, but universally. So the change was worthwhile.

Now I'm nervous, seemed too easy.
What have I missed, done wrong?

All uphill

Still rolling along
Recently moved from my conventional and much loved Peugeot (sp?) to the dark side. A battery bike. Blame age and falling over skiing a lot.
Anyway the bike is an East ish European assembly of various parts. Was bought for me as a present. I cannot risk my domestic comfort by complaining.
Now after 3k km I looked at them, the YouTube and decided a change was necessary.
I went to a cycle shop to get a quote. Obviously it was actually open Mike night at a comedy club masquerading as a cycle repair shop. I didn't get the joke and left.
Consulted the brains of the site on choosing correct replacement pads. Someone kindly suggested a supplier.

This afternoon after watching a few videos on YouTube I bit the bullet. Didn't seem that difficult.

What have I missed, done wrong?

I guess you'll find out on your next ride!

Like you I was surprised at how easy it is to change pads on my TRP Spyre brakes until I remembered changing disc pads on a car in minutes after struggling with drum brakes and their shoes for hours!

OP
OP
Gwylan

Gwylan

Veteran
I guess you'll find out on your next ride!

Like you I was surprised at how easy it is to change pads on my TRP Spyre brakes until I remembered changing disc pads on a car in minutes after struggling with drum brakes and their shoes for hours!

That thought drifted across my mind as I bathed in the euphoria and resigned myself to the usual. We shall see what tomorrow brings.
I shall be making haste slowly for the first few Kms

Pokitren

What have I missed, done wrong? If wrong, I'll go back to https://betpokies.com to have fun.

Well you are far from a beginner, if the change was easy for you. I was struggling with my rims, I'm a beginner :smile:

Hi all, let me join your forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gwylan

Gwylan

Veteran
Well, it's been so far, so good. So far!
Marked improvement.

The forum has been kind, helpful, patient and informative.

As long as you don't get involved in whether HRH should sub contract some of her work. I was always taught that delegation and developing your teams skill base was good management.

Top Bottom