A forum for the fairer Sex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
as a boring point of order, there used to be a ladies forum on here, but it got scrapped as it was only ever used by blokes talking about boobs…:whistle:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Even more worrying is that they come up with good ideas as well.

Whatever happened to the dumb blonde standing at the roadside flashing her legs and waiting for a man to come along to help her out? Etc.

(I'm now going into hiding in case TC has access to a boat).

You're in luck - the proposed Fastcat ferry to Ilfracombe turned out to be a load of cobblers...

Oh, and thanks but no thanks, to the women's forum - you'll note than women themselves never suggest one...

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
In fairness, we have one over at the League, which was a reaction to experiences on previous fora. I do actually appreciate the OP's sentiment. There are times when I really don't want the uninformed but well-meaning input of some gent who thinks he might have something to contribute but doesn't have the personal experience necessary. I'm equally sure, however, that the same is true for the men. I've seen at least one thread on here where the OP has specifically requested that it be "men only" and I certainly chose to respect that. The prior failure of gents to stay out of certain threads requested as "women only" (in fora that no longer exist, I hasten to add) was why we decided to have a girlie section at the League.

But it very, very, very, very rarely gets used and I think that, as an experiment, all it did was show that it's not necessary to have one. It's only advantage is that you don't have to include any female designation in the thread title for ease of finding later.

Sam

U

User169

That's cos you're not allowed to mention it in the Cafe...

How you getting on with Cordelia Fine, TC? I'm about half-way through, but seem to have left it on the train last night. Probably something to do with the shape of my head. She does a good line in sarcasm, but poor old Simon Baron-Cohen is coming in for a bit of a battering.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
fairer sex - you are 'avin' a larf, aint you :tongue:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
How you getting on with Cordelia Fine, TC? I'm about half-way through, but seem to have left it on the train last night. Probably something to do with the shape of my head. She does a good line in sarcasm, but poor old Simon Baron-Cohen is coming in for a bit of a battering.

Saw it off in a couple of days, and might read it again quite soon. Any chance of your getting it back if you did leave it on the train? Baron-Cohen deserves a battering - did you get as far as the bit about the amount of contemptuous snorting Fine's husband had to endure during the research and writing?

Top Bottom