A forum for the fairer Sex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
Often I see questions posted by the Ladies in the CC forum's specific to themselves and somtime's see no real answers to the problems, but today whilst searching for a multitool that has caught my eye I came across this cycling forum specifically for Women, I believe it is American, I did not linger in it that long as no doubt there would be threads similar to what we sometimes post and I might find a picture of myself posted, "Men in Lycra"

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/index.php

It makes me wonder though, if in CC that a similar forum could be set up for the Ladies, thus all questions related for Ladies could be kept in one place to help with searching, but in the meantime it may be possible to find answers in the above mentioned forum

Is very kind of you to think of us, but if I wanted to be in a women only ghetto, I would already be there!

Are you trying to get rid of us?;)

I tend to think of myself as cyclist first, laydee second and have no problem with female stuff being mixed in with the men.

A plus in my book!:rolleyes:

e-rider

crappy member
Often I see questions posted by the Ladies in the CC forum's specific to themselves and somtime's see no real answers to the problems, but today whilst searching for a multitool that has caught my eye I came across this cycling forum specifically for Women, I believe it is American, I did not linger in it that long as no doubt there would be threads similar to what we sometimes post and I might find a picture of myself posted, "Men in Lycra"

http://forums.teames...n.com/index.php

It makes me wonder though, if in CC that a similar forum could be set up for the Ladies, thus all questions related for Ladies could be kept in one place to help with searching, but in the meantime it may be possible to find answers in the above mentioned forum

I can see this post getting you into deep waters

Arch

Married to Night Train
I can see zacks point about having stuff in one place, and I know he's intending to be helpful.

But.

It's something that has been raised before, and generally isn't favoured. The vast majority of questions and issues are common to all cyclists, and if a woman has a female specific question she can ask it, and the search facility will pick it up if someone searches for something female specific.

I think we'd generally just prefer to mix in. And I think that it's a feature of this forum that women can pitch in and ask anything they need to, and never, or exceedingly rarely, suffer any patronising or scoffing over it - just as a male newbie can ask basic questions without ridicule. In this way, we do a great deal better than the real world I think.

Some might bridle a bit at the description 'fairer sex', but sitting here in 4 layers of clothes and steel toed capped workboots, I just find it amusing....;)

Also, if you have a 'ladies' forum, you ought to have a 'gentlemens' forum for fairness. Let's just mingle.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
If there was a ladies only section, the more pervie amongst us would be looking in any way :blush: without contributing to the topic.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Now now Arch. That topic I remember had a lot of interest and not only from the ladies here.;)

Is very kind of you to think of us, but if I wanted to be in a women only ghetto, I would already be there!

Are you trying to get rid of us?;)

I tend to think of myself as cyclist first, laydee second and have no problem with female stuff being mixed in with the men.

A plus in my book!:rolleyes:

Trouble is that a lot of the women on here simply don't know their place!

Far too many of them are competent in bodging and mechanics and give good advice on technical matters, road skills and other matters

How are we supposed to stereotype them in the face of such outright common sense and positive contributions.

Arch

Married to Night Train

Far too many of them are competent in bodging and mechanics and give good advice on technical matters, road skills and other matters

How are we supposed to stereotype them in the face of such outright common sense and positive contributions.

Can I get you another cup of tea? A cushion? Wash your socks?

;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Furthermore we can do all those things simultaneously, and with skill. Unlike men, who can only do one thing at a time!

Davidc

Guru

Even more worrying is that they come up with good ideas as well.

Whatever happened to the dumb blonde standing at the roadside flashing her legs and waiting for a man to come along to help her out? Etc.

(I'm now going into hiding in case TC has access to a boat).

surfdude

Veteran
if the ladies get a ladies only section then i think is only fair us men get a men only sections then the homosexuls get one the lesbians get one the bnp get one the i like cats get one the i like dogs get one the i use mooncups not tampons get one .

please feel free to add to the list like iam sure you will

Top Bottom