A funny old morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

chillyuk

Seriously? And then you just got back on your bike and made your getaway? You're a braver man than I, I'd have just let it go.

Though I hope for your sake they don't decide to get even, or take the matter to the police. 64 or no, provoked or no, that's an assault charge... or have I missed the bit that indicates an unseasonal April Fool?

It's because "people let it go" that the scum have taken over our streets. I was threatened and I defended myself using only sufficient violence to protect myself against a man several decades my junior who was threatening me with karati. I didn't know he was a prat. You roll over and show your belly but I will stand up for myself.

ph34r.gif
bravo.gif

yello

You roll over and show your belly but I will stand up for myself.

You can see it that way if you like, I have no problem with that. It's only your opinion after all.

But, more to the point, I don't condone violence as a response to this kind of incident. I sincerely hope the OP is you* are talking up the incident as some folk are inclined to do.

*Edit: just realised you are the OP. My apologies for my mistake.

I wouldn't have inflamed the situation by spitting a mouthful of orange juice into their car, I think that was a mistake. Have a word by all means but your response was only ever likely to make matters worse. From there, those blokes could have emerged from their vehicle with a spanner in hand, or whatever. You had no control over their response at all and it could have been more violent than you were able to deal with. You could have made your feelings known non-aggressively and without making the situation worse. As I said, I hope those blokes don't decide to take a similar approach to your own. I hope they let it go or, to use your own parlance, I hope they decide to roll over and show their bellies.

lulubel

Über Member
I wouldn't have inflamed the situation by spitting a mouthful of orange juice into their car, I think that was a mistake.

I don't think he spat orange juice into the car. I think he squirted it in from his water bottle. Spitting is just rude, and is what caused the situation in the first place :biggrin:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
That was my understanding of the situation. I also agree with the OP's assertion that people are not prepared to stand up for themselves if the situation calls for it. Had the OP done nothing the idiots would have quite possibly tried something worse the next time (like a child trying to establish boundaries). The short, sharp shock treatment is something that is missing from this country and we wonder why towns are over run with drunken idiots and estates become no go areas.
I don't think he spat orange juice into the car. I think he squirted it in from his water bottle. Spitting is just rude, and is what caused the situation in the first place :biggrin:

chewy

Well done, those yobs got what they deserve and its nice to hear of some old fashioned bravery and retribution!

Also good to hear of the older generation (sorry!) Proving themselves!

Yes it could have turned nasty, but no more than could have happened with only a 'word'.

You stood up for common decency and against odds, won!

I suggest you buy a batman outfit!

smithy92

Not normally a fan of violence,

But bravo indeed in this instance!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It's because "people let it go" that the scum have taken over our streets. I was threatened and I defended myself using only sufficient violence to protect myself against a man several decades my junior who was threatening me with karati. I didn't know he was a prat. You roll over and show your belly but I will stand up for myself.
Well done my man. I am only 4 years younger than you and I admire your courage. We need more people like you to make these thugs realise that respect isn't dead yet.:thumbsup:

Gixxerman

Guru
I don't generally condone violence. However, in this case it was called for, fully deserved, and dished out accordingly. I have absolutely no sympathy for the scroats at all.

My dad told me about a similar incident that happened in his town to a friend of his. The old boy went into the public conveniences for a slash, only to be confronted by 2 youths who demanded that he handed over his wallet / money. He told them that he was going to do no such thing. On being denied, they became violent. However, the old boy was quite capable of looking after himself, and in "Harry Brown" style he sorted the pair of them out.
Again I have no sympathy for the scroats. They will think twice about demanding money with menaces next time.

cd365

Guru
The OP did the right thing, they thought it was funny spitting at him, he got his revenge, they thought 2 to 1 we'll do him, he showed them otherwise. Most of the youth today are cowards who only fight in gangs or with weapons, decent people should take a stance against these types of moron, make them think twice in the future.

Top Bottom