A funny old morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

I haven't been out for a fortnight so was looking forward to my ride out this morning in the sunshine. A mile out and I began to get a nasty creak from my BB or crank area, which wouldn't go away so I turned for home. i noticed that the plastic ring on my BB had come undone a few threads so I stripped it all out, cleaned and reassembled it. The creak was still there! It turned out a wipe of grease on the pedal thread in the crank was all that was needed. Problem solved.

Then I went for a ride to our camping shop for some new tent pegs. On the way a passenger in a car called me a self-gratification artist as they passed and he spat at me. It was a good shot, depositing a glob of spit on my knee. I caught them at the next set of lights and gave him a good contribution of orange squash through his open window from my drink bottle. This somewhat upset him and his driver and they both got out. The driver started posturing with all that karati crap nonsense which a swift kick in the goolies soon ended, and a hard straight punch to the nose sorted out the passenger. I don't understand youngsters nowadays. They should have flattened me between them. Two young men and me a month off my 64th birthday. Anyway nice sticky orange juice should do his upholstery good.

My bike remained repaired and creak free which is the main thing!!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Sterling effort.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There's nothing like a bit of direct action to show the silly @rses. Well done that man!

raindog

er.....
Brilliant! Made me day that has.
laugh.gif

abo

bottle. This somewhat upset him and his driver and they both got out. The driver started posturing with all that karati crap nonsense which a swift kick in the goolies soon ended, and a hard straight punch to the nose sorted out the passenger

Meh sounds like a nob, sanchin dachi would have ruined the kick to the balls and he failed. Spitting at people, deserved what they got imho

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I don't normally condone violence, but in this case I applaud it.

Just keep an eye out in case they spot you again.

yello

The driver started posturing with all that karati crap nonsense which a swift kick in the goolies soon ended, and a hard straight punch to the nose sorted out the passenger.

Seriously? And then you just got back on your bike and made your getaway? You're a braver man than I, I'd have just let it go.

Though I hope for your sake they don't decide to get even, or take the matter to the police. 64 or no, provoked or no, that's an assault charge... or have I missed the bit that indicates an unseasonal April Fool?

Top Bottom