A funny thing happened to me on the way home...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That reminds me of the one posted on here about a sports car in a hedge. Someone will no doubt link it shortly!

fairy

BJB said:
*More spookiness It was the same policeman who stopped to help me after I had a nasty accident on the bike four years ago.

O/T - you've had a number of accidents/near misses in the last few years havent you BJB???? - ever thought of giving up cycling in favour of something safer like golf ? xx(

bonj2

BJB said:
I was out enjoying the sunshine on my bike along the country lanes today. On the way home I am cycling up a longish hill and some idiot speeds past me on a bend without slowing down, without a clear view of the road ahead and not exactly in control either since the wheels mounted the verge on the other side of the road. 'Bloody Idiot, how dare he risk my life. I hope he ends up in a field' I thought, the way you do, and tried to forget about it. A bit further on I go round the bend at the top of the hill and who do I see ploughed into the front garden of a cottage? Yup, the idiot. Kharma or what?

xx(
I had to reread this... I originally read it as:

BJB said:
I was out enjoying the sunshine on my bike along the country lanes today. On the way home I am cycling up a longish hill and some idiot speeds past me on a 'bent without slowing down, without a clear view of the road ahead and not exactly in control either since the wheels mounted the verge on the other side of the road. 'Bloody Idiot, how dare he risk my life. I hope he ends up in a field' I thought, the way you do, and tried to forget about it. A bit further on I go round the bend at the top of the hill and who do I see ploughed into the front garden of a cottage? Yup, the idiot. Kharma or what?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd stand and laugh, but I'd also feel pretty sorry for the owner of the garden. I'd hope it was a little old lady and she was was beating the driver over the head with her yardbroom....

I've often thought the ability to curse (not swear, but to lay curses) would be handy. Just little things, like a plague of boils, or a burst water pipe or a succession of flat tyres or something like that...

Top Bottom