A funny yet sad story of what happened yesterday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
[QUOTE 5226683, member: 43827"]I think the op's actions are great, and I can see the occasional black humour in some dementia sufferers' tales.

But I find it very difficult to laugh at it myself because of the memories of my mother's early onset dementia, the terror in her eyes when she was first diagnosed and the stress on my father who insisted on looking after her at home. I remember the day when for the first time in two years that she recognised me. She died that night.

I am well beyond the age when she developed Alzheimer's, but it is still the one thing that terrifies me.[/QUOTE]
Totally understandable buddy..
My Mum too, passed away not to long back from a brain tumour. Every day before she passed her memory was taken away from us until in the end she didn't know anybody. It's was horrible to watch and really upsetting because I felt like I had said my goodbyes to her months before she died ,simply because at the end she was just a shell and nothing more. There's not a day that goes by I don't think about her (God bless her x)
All the best mate ..

Top Bottom