a general rant and shameful admittance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

My browser went mental, so it means I have two rants and shameful admittances. Do bees fear death? Are wasps sympathetic?

These are the questions to which the answers I seek.

Arch

Married to Night Train
SamNichols said:
My browser went mental, so it means I have two rants and shameful admittances. Do bees fear death? Are wasps sympathetic?

These are the questions to which the answers I seek.

Bees act For The Greater Good, and nothing scares them if it means A Better Future. (I guess they don't fear death, because if they did they'd never sting. But I think to ascribe the emotions of a higher order on a social insect is probably falacious anyway.)

No, wasps aren't sympathetic. They're nasty buggers.

Pete

Arch said:
Bees act For The Greater Good, and nothing scares them if it means A Better Future. (I guess they don't fear death, because if they did they'd never sting. But I think to ascribe the emotions of a higher order on a social insect is probably falacious anyway.)

No, wasps aren't sympathetic. They're nasty buggers.
Bees don't die if they sting other insects which are their main victims: they can withdraw the sting intact and live to sting another day. It's only us humans and other mammals that give them grief. As for wopsies - I've heard good and I've heard bad, my take depends on the time of year. I like to see hornets around, though...

Top Bottom