A Genuine Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I tend to get completely off the road for sirens. Partly to let them past, and partly out of fear. I'll skip the anecdote, but I like to be well out of the way when emergency vehicles come speeding by.
That doesn't help, in my experience. Too many farking motorists don't hear or see the emergency vehicle until late because they're driving around with windows shut up, music on and increasingly earphones in, plus they have really limited rear visibility, so when they do finally notice the lights and sirens behind them, they panic and just drive off the carriageway without any consideration of people walking and cycling in the space they just invaded illegally. I've had several near-misses that way, including one in the last week where I put both brakes on and both feet down to stop before colliding. :sad:

SAB

@wahoofish I also cycle around the roads of Northern Ireland.. well, I did but my back roads are terrible <no jokes lol>.

Honestly, hilly, bushes grown onto the edge of the road and worst of all, turns so sharp a speeding car wouldn't see you let alone be able to pull out toward the other lane if they suddenly noticed a cyclist around the bend.

I haven't cycled in a few months due to a bad experience with this sadly

Top Bottom