A glut of Merciers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
By way of a diversion from Gitane issue (now solved l hope) .
What would be the pros and cons in deciding between a very pretty 1980's Shimano attired Mercier and a 1960 not quite so pretty Simplex attired Mercier there being a 60€ difference in the asking price ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Do both

By way of a diversion from Gitane issue (now solved l hope) .
What would be the pros and cons in deciding between a very pretty 1980's Shimano attired Mercier and a 1960 not quite so pretty Simplex attired Mercier there being a 60€ difference in the asking price ?

Is the 80s Mercier the one you posted the link to previously? That was very pretty.:wub: Do you have a link for the other one?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Is the 80s Mercier the one you posted the link to previously? That was very pretty.:wub: Do you have a link for the other one?
Yes its the same seller http://www.ebay.fr/itm/152431486458?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
It's defo not close enough to me to buy it - an hour and a half round trip is about my limit! :smile:
I see what you mean, it is a bit of a way from England to the French Swiss border even for a nice bike.
I am waiting to see what the Gitane l bought from the same seller is like, it's due to arrive today or tomorrow l think.
I will make up my mind re the Mercier then. :excl:

Top Bottom