A good days cycling and surf boarding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi to all.
It's been a good day today. Tried my hand at surf boarding this lunchtime. It was a complete disaster but i really enjoyed it. Tonight I got back on the old bike and set off for a relaxing 16 mile ride. I had it my mind tonight to just take it nice and easy and not push to hard. On the last two miles before I hit home a group of 10 serious cyclist came taring past me like a bat out of hell almost spinning into the hedge lol. They were having a race amongst them selves and were soon gone. I felt a little deflated by there pace and my more sedate one. On the plus side though I was pleasantly surprised by my time tonight. Considering I was only going out on a "quiet " ride out I somehow managed to beat my personal best. 15.59 miles in 1hr2 minutes 22seconds averaging 15mph.
That's two minutes quicker than my best. My fitness level is starting to improve slowly but surely but do find it strange that sometimes you can achieve more when you mentally try not to.

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't really the first time I went surfing. First wave threw me off a 9 ft longboard I'd been lent by a friend, leaving the board with a dent and me concussed.

Keep at it, once you've got the knack it's really good fun!

Top Bottom