A good deed from a lorry driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Unless you're American.............
But we live in the UK where correct English still rules.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Lovely story that. I had something fairly similar happen to me a couple of months ago. I was cycling out on the fen when my wife phoned to tell me someone had just dropped off my wallet at home. I must have dropped it when getting something out of my pannier. Anyway, turns out a farmer walking his dog found it, saw my address on my driver's licence and drove round with it before I even knew I'd lost it - top bloke!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mrs 307 has her bag stolen in Walthamstow market years ago. An envelope arrived through the post about a week later with the photos of the children and her keys and driving license - no money or bank cards, but still... Even the thief felt guilty about the pictures of the children! And, yes, we had already changed the locks as soon as we realised that the keys AND address were in the same bag!
More likely that the thief took the money and bank cards, then dumped the rest. A kindly 3rd party probably found the photos, keys, and licence and posted them back.

This summer, I bought a used office chair from a junk shop round the corner from here. I pushed it back here with a carrier bag of shopping resting on the seat. When I got here, I realised that the bag had gone, fallen off the chair without me noticing it. I dashed back down the road, round the corner and spotted the bag in the middle of the pavement. With great relief I retrieved it only to find that in the couple of minutes that it had been lying there, some toerag had discovered my wallet in the bag and had stolen it. They clearly were not that keen on their '5-a-day' though because the fruit and veg in the bag had been ignored!

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
More likely that the thief took the money and bank cards, then dumped the rest. A kindly 3rd party probably found the photos, keys, and licence and posted them back.

This summer, I bought a used office chair from a junk shop round the corner from here. I pushed it back here with a carrier bag of shopping resting on the seat. When I got here, I realised that the bag had gone, fallen off the chair without me noticing it. I dashed back down the road, round the corner and spotted the bag in the middle of the pavement. With great relief I retrieved it only to find that in the couple of minutes that it had been lying there, some toerag had discovered my wallet in the bag and had stolen it. They clearly were not that keen on their '5-a-day' though because the fruit and veg in the bag had been ignored!
Tsk, these thieves.... They just don't know what's good for them

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Recently I lost my wallet at work . Working in the street . Amazingly a guy turned up at my house the next day with it again thanks to driving license I was amazed . It's nice to now there good honest people out there . He even turned down the £20 that was in the wallet as a thank you

He refused the £20 as he'd spent the day maxing out your credit cards ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Many of the lorry drivers driving the top of the A10 are regulars and most of them are pretty good, letting gaps open so I can get out onto/across the road and so on. But HSF Logistics are crap and can't park for toffee, though, driving over verges, traffic islands, kerbs...!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Karma. Good (and bad) comes around, and goes around.

Nice thing to happen though :smile:

Top Bottom