A good helmet camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wilsy27

What's everyone's opinion on the best low light camera, currently have the chilli tech HD cam from maplin, it's not bad but 1st winter using it and would prefer better results for next year and wondered what you all thought was best? Cheaper would be better but this is for next winter :smile:

Just been reading about the Contour Roam / Roam 2 and I'm wondering about the battery which I understand is not user replaceable. (Their website mentions a future arrangement for sending the camera back to Contour to have the battery replaced).

Can anyone tell me whether they power their Contour Roam from an external battery via the USB port while riding? If so, where do you keep the battery and does having the USB lead attached affect the weatherproofing to any great extent?

BSRU

A Human Being
Just been reading about the Contour Roam / Roam 2 and I'm wondering about the battery which I understand is not user replaceable. (Their website mentions a future arrangement for sending the camera back to Contour to have the battery replaced).

Can anyone tell me whether they power their Contour Roam from an external battery via the USB port while riding? If so, where do you keep the battery and does having the USB lead attached affect the weatherproofing to any great extent?
You should note that Contour in their infinite wisdom have wired the USB port so that you need a non-standard USB cable in order to power it and record at the same time.

You should note that Contour in their infinite wisdom have wired the USB port so that you need a non-standard USB cable in order to power it and record at the same time.

Thanks for the info. So, sounds like it is meant to be possible to do the external battery thing then?

The Contour 2 seems to be out of stock in a few places. Looks like it was on some people's Christmas wish lists!

Top Bottom