A Good Physio Session

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Following my shoulder operation, and the fact I'm still in considerable pain, I started private physio about a month ago, after asking the surgeon if it was OK (Shoulder decompression Feb 11 after RTA in DEC 08).. as you don't get physio if healthy on NHS.

Got the go-ahead so I've had just 3 sessions in the last month - mainly as I'm still owed a significant amount of money from the third party (liability admitted) and don't want to run up a huge bill....:sad:

Anyway, all went rather well, this latest session was just pushing a few 'movements' a bit further - all were rather easy... mainly back and spine concentrated...

Mid point exercise I was on back, few specific exercises for my left rotator cuff muscles (damaged area)...:wacko:

Just after it finished, I came on feeling queasy, huge sweat on... told physio... felt a bit sick... 2 or 3 mins later, I was filling a bucket... what a mess. :ohmy:

Took another 30 mins before I was OK, and allowed to go - had to txt to say I was OK when I cycled home.

She had obviously hit a 'bad bit'.......... BLIMEY..

Anyway, these sessions are making good in-grounds, but it's blooming embarrassing, chucking up after a few pokes and presses....:wacko:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
hehe

Been there, done that, its all par for the course it seems.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Nasty, but hopefully you'll be feeling the benefit from it soon!

Went for a sport massage on Wednesday, the masseur warned me at the start of the session that I might end up feling queasy afterwards - said this would be due partly to the body's reaction to having pain inflicted, and partly toxins from the muscles ending up in the digestive system as they're disposed of. Not quite sure about the latter, but the former makes sense.

He did some deep-tiseue work on damaged muscles in my calf, didn't half make my eyes water! Felt fine at he time, but the following morning had an icky tum, wonder if the two were connected?

Nasty, but hopefully you'll be feeling the benefit from it soon!

Went for a sport massage on Wednesday, the masseur warned me at the start of the session that I might end up feling queasy afterwards - said this would be due partly to the body's reaction to having pain inflicted, and partly toxins from the muscles ending up in the digestive system as they're disposed of. Not quite sure about the latter, but the former makes sense.

He did some deep-tiseue work on damaged muscles in my calf, didn't half make my eyes water! Felt fine at he time, but the following morning had an icky tum, wonder if the two were connected?

We don't call them physioterrorists for nothing!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Following my shoulder operation, and the fact I'm still in considerable pain, I started private physio about a month ago, after asking the surgeon if it was OK (Shoulder decompression Feb 11 after RTA in DEC 08).. as you don't get physio if healthy on NHS.

Anyway, these sessions are making good in-grounds, but it's blooming embarrassing, chucking up after a few pokes and presses....:wacko:

Good to hear the progress even if a bit xx( .

Once I was medically fit my physio stopped; I used the 'durabands' for a while (or until they all snapped), nowadays just use dumbells,

The 'exercises' using pulling seem the most helpful?
There was an article for the supra'thingy'itus in C+ - though it seems you need a multi gym to do it.

Still does not sound good the length of time & pain? Still good to get movement & feel your progressing :thumbsup:

What type of exercises have you been given to do?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been using dumbells a little (always forget). Post op it was stretching to get movement back. Exercises so far have been getting my back moving - made a big difference, as I can turn right round to look behind me whilst cycling now. The physio has started me on some very small exercises which are to help strengthen the small tendons in the rotator cuff.

Get to see the surgeon next week (first time since op), although saw another consultant a couple of weeks ago who thinks I may need the a/c joint excising (5mm off end) as well - that might be where the pain is ?. Will get the low down off the surgeon as he sad they'd have a good look round whilst in there - so hoping they looked at the a/c - that I don't know as I've yet to see him (NHS waiting lists eh).

Physio has said my back was very stiff, especially left side (same as shoulder) and she can get a few trigger points, especially my supraspinatus muscle which was MRI'ed with tendonosis 12 months ago.

Top Bottom