A good response from First Bus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I got a good response from First Bus about this video:

View: http://youtu.be/abRWgh8f-6U

This is the letter I got from them yesterday:
I write in response to your email, in relation to the dangerous driving displayed of one of our driving staff operating bus number 37424 on 2 October 2012.

Firstly, may I say that I was shocked and extremely concerned to learn of this incident, and I am In full agreement that the drivers' actions were totally unacceptable, and could have potentially caused a road traffic accident.

I can confirm that the contents of your e—mail have been sent to Senior Management at our Bolton depot, along with the video evidence provided.

The actions described by you are of course totally unacceptable and as such, I can confirm that the driver has be Identified and a formal interview arranged as per Company Procedures to discuss the incident using the information you have kindly provided. I regret that I am unable to disclose the outcome of our disciplinary Procedures, due to the restrictions under that Data Protection Act, but you can rest assured that it will reflect the seriousness of your complaint.

We operate 750 buses in the Greater Manchester and these are operated by some 1,650 drivers. I can assure you that this incident is not representative of the Company, the vast majority of who do everything they can to represent the Company in a professional and safe manner.

I very much hope that you find this letter of assurance that we have taken this matter very seriously.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this regrettable incident and the distress caused to you, and if you were to encounter any further problems please do not hesitate to contact First.

Yours sincerely
I think they really are trying to do something about their bad driving reputation among cyclists. They have a very switched on Chief Operating Officer called Jeroen Weimar who seems to be taking a personal interest in this issue.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I think a free travel voucher would have sorted it.:tongue:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Great result and crazy close overtake, wouldnt have taken a lot for you to have fallen under those wheels if you werent particularly competent.

I did laugh a little at around the 1 minute marker where it switches to rear view and you can see another cyclist in the background riding up the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic :rolleyes:

OP
OP
MrHappyCyclist

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Great result and crazy close overtake, wouldnt have taken a lot for you to have fallen under those wheels if you werent particularly competent.

I did laugh a little at around the 1 minute marker where it switches to rear view and you can see another cyclist in the background riding up the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic :rolleyes:
Yes, I noticed that when I edited the video. Perhaps she was punishing us cyclists for his riding on the wrong side of the road.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Had a look round Youtube and haven't seen any Leeds buses behaving badly round cyclists lately,which is a very good thing i think.:thumbsup:

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Awful pass with the usual cut-in,sorry couldn't view this when I commented earlier on mobile.

Why the f'kin hell couldn't she wait to get to the bus stop instead of dong a dangerous overtake?:angry:

U

User6179

Had a few silly passes by first bus buses myself and always wondered if the drivers get a bonus for being on time ?

Even had one block the road so I couldnt undertake as it was stationary in traffic , i thought it was dropping someone off and after about a minute realised he was parked against the kerb to stop me passing(the road was wide enough for two buses side by side).

The driver in the video should change jobs as i think any multi-drop driver (bus,taxi,lorry) needs a lot of patience which she clearly dosnt have!

400bhp

Guru
That bit is often used and quoted by HR twonks but is actually bull... there's nothing stopping them from telling you the outcome of the disciplinary procedures.

In particular if they don't mention the individual by name.

Top Bottom