A good response from First Bus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefb

Guru
Sorry to barge in on your conversation but I too, am originally from that area and am very familiar with that road. When heading to Manchester I turn right, go all the way down the hill to Langworthy then left onto Liverpool St, then just stay on that road; it takes you right up to the edge of the city center.

yeah, I can see the sense in that. though when I was commuting by bike ( don't anymore, dont work in manchester :sad: ), I was at the other end of town so that would have left me with more 'cross town' cycling to do :sad:..

think I've used liverpool rd when commuting by car , years ago.. when they were going to have the snowdome in salford :smile:

pixiepie

It is fine to cycle on, it is a dead straight wide road with a cycle lane in each direction (if you use the cycle lane I would advise moving out into primary at the traffic light controlled junctions), and is not that busy, at least whenever I have used it. At Oldfield Road go straight on, keep going straight on until you get to the junction with Trinity Way. From here it is a T-junction for motorists but there is a cycle lane that goes straight across the junction and gives access to another cycle lane which takes you up to the end of a cul-de-sac. From here go straight down the road, turn right then first left and again just continue down the road to the end then you end up right beneath the Hilton Hotel (aka Beetham tower). From there it depends which part of the city center you are heading for. If I am heading for the Arndale I will turn left here into Deansgate.

I don't commute that way but if I did, that's the way I'd go as well... you get absolutely loads of cyclists along there as well.

Top Bottom