A hello from me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonD

Hi,

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks so I guess it's time to break cover and say hello!

I think I have a similar story to quite a few on here - always had a bike as a kid but didn't carry it on once I could drive! I got back into cycling a few years ago when I was meant to be having a haircut. The barbers had a big queue so I ended up in the LBS parting with some money for a Trek MTB! The wife didn't know what to say when I turned up at home still with long hair and wobbling up the drive on a shiny new bike! I've probably not ridden it as much as I should have but that should change soon - myself and a group of friends have set ourselves the challenge of riding the C2C route for charity! We've got until August to get ourselves into shape. Seems like ages away but it'll be here before we know it. Most of us are quite fit (we play for the same football team) but I'm still a bit daunted by the prospect. We're splitting the ride up into 4 days (apprx. 35 miles per day) so hopefuly we'll all get through it. Anyone got any advice?

Oh, and sorry in advance for all the dumb questions I'm bound to ask but you all seem like a friendly bunch! :laugh:

Simon

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi Simon & :laugh:

Hello Simon - you'll be ok. Meanwhile, get yourself around these boards and ask questions. If you need to know what is everyone's favourite pudding then you need the café. For more frivolous matters like how to deal with knee pain - Health & Fitness will come in handy. For mundane mechanicals - they are likely to be tinkered with in Know How. For intensive mental preparation before the C2C, I recommend a stint of training in Politics & Life! :smile:

Top Bottom