Hello from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All,
I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teenager, about 20 years ago. My son wanted to learn how to ride so I scooped up us a couple of bikes on Facebook Marketplace. Since we aren't really sure what type of riding we want to do, we went with hybrid/commuter or what not bikes.

Pretty sure the bikes we got are 'overkill' for our needs to mostly putt around the neighborhood, maybe some paved bike trails, and maybe if we are feeling adventurous some very very light off road (we are not adrenaline junkies).

For me, I got an XL (I am 6'2") Ghost Square Cross 1.8. Paid $300 USD for it and seemed to be in pristine condition. The gentleman I bought it from said he had less than 50 miles on it as he got more into full suspensions mountain biking or what not.

For my son, I got him a XS (he is 5' even) Orbea Carpe 40. Similar story here where the previous owner (a woman) got more into road cicyling and was not used very much at all.

Attached pictures are from when we first got each bike. Before we adjusted the saddle height and what not.

Anyway, I tend to get obsessed with small details, so I plan to ask some questions regarding specific tires for my use case and frame sizing etc.

Anyway hope to see you around the forum!

Regards,

Philip

Attachments

• 20240324_160821.jpg
    20240324_160821.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240327_174330.jpg
    20240327_174330.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 6

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome: