A hill with a view - CC Ecosse 12 October 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Have i missed part 3 or does @Pat "5mph" just like keeping us on the edge of the sofa ?:popcorn:
Possibly a bit of that.:whistle:

She does often work unsociable hours so probably hasn't had time to write part 3 yet.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
@Hill Wimp. We have had the second part today. Personally, cant wait for part three.

I read part two earlier, i'm just impatient
collage jumping up and down.jpg

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Priceless, Pat!:rofl:
Now where is that 3rd installment ... I need my good night story NOW! ... or else ... I'll have to go to bed without one :cry:
T

Lost my writing muse last night, sorry @Telemark :blush:
Here it goes, the last installment of what was probably the last CC Ecosse 2013 where the sun shone on us.
Was reliving it today on my commute home while getting soaked, result: fell off the bike on the wet shared use pavement.
It was my just punishment, you see, because I should really take the roads, practice my manoeuvres, only 5 days to go to the bikability 3 assessment :ph34r:

It was time to ride down from the hill summit that gifted us such a beautiful view.
Uttering a mournful sight as there would be no more climbs, our considerate leader briefed us on the perils to come - tight bends, scattered gravel had almost claimed @jazloc last time round.
We reached the coffee stop in Kilmacolm in record time, me last as usual: steep descends terrify me as much as steep hills defy me, I'm a "gentle rolling terrain" kinda cyclist :laugh:
Once at the stop, idling taking stock of the quaint village while blowing my nose (had a slight cold) I engage in conversation a local gas man making markings on the pavement.
Can you smell gas? He asks me.
Well, no, can't really smell stuff while my nose is streaming ...
Oh, poor you, should not be out on your bike. Are those you friends bikes? Just because, like, we're gonna dig up the pavement, the gas leak is right under them bikes ... :eek:

We headed for the plains among general merryment, nothing much happened on the cycle path route first to Lochwinnoch, followed by the stretch to Glasgow.
Even a seasoned story teller like me cannot make up stories where none happened, so I will report the last mishap of the day to befall unlucky Mr. Messy.
A mechanical caused him to have a clipless moment on a busy dual carriage way.
Two stupid sentences were spoken due to the shock of the unexpected.
Me warning a driver behind, pointing to the obstruction on the road "Sorry!" Mr. Messy answers me back "not at all, was not your fault" :rolleyes:
Me to Mr. Messy: "was that a clipless moment then?" What a stupid thing to say, shut up Pat! :laugh:

No major damage to bike or rider, we set off again, following the panoramic route along the river once in Glasgow for the benefit of Telemark, who was not shown the sights earlier that morning for time constrains.
We said our goodbyes at Queen Street station, and so ended our ride.:hello:

CCEGroup.jpg

FBPic.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
That doesn't matter. It was a great all round story and well told.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:bravo:Bravo @Pat "5mph" ! Now I can sleep in peace tonight! :biggrin:
You forgot the wee bit of emergency first aid that @mr messy's bike needed after his off ...:B)
Three times unlucky or something? I meant to say I hope there was no lasting damage, apart from the mudguard that had sadly reached the end of its life :surrender:

T

Top Bottom